Wrigley's Background

SORRY! THIS ISN'T AN ACTUAL CHAPTER, IT'S JUST SOME INFORMATION ON WRIGLEY (AND SOME OF HER FAMILY!)

Wrigley Caray Martin

Born on March 2, 1996

Born in Guantanamo, Cuba.

Moved to Chicago in 2005 @ 12 years old.

3 siblings: Ryne, Addison, Rizzo

2 dogs: Maddux, Cubbie

Matteo Martin and Lisa Struve met in Trinidad, Cuba in 1987, while Lisa's parents were on business. They went out for a while and when Lisa's parents died in an attack where they were staying at, Lisa went to live with Matteo and his family. At age 18, still in 1989, they left Matteo's family home and went to Guantanamo, Cuba. On October 2, 1991, Matteo and Lisa got married. In 1993, on July 31st, they welcomed their first son, Ryne Lee, as you can tell, they were and still are huge Cubs fans. Three years later, in 1996, the couple welcomed their first daughter, Wrigley Caray. And let's just say, Ryne wanted to kill her. Not literally but figuratively because of her "taking all the attention" of his adorableness but what little kid doesn't get jealous when a new sibling comes into play? Nine years later, on April 5, 2005, the Martin's and Matteo's parents were forced to flee Cuba. They all quickly decided to move to Chicago, Illinois, USA. That is where they called home, still to this day (2017) they call Chicago their home. On December 2, 2013, the Martin family welcomed a third child, another boy, Addison West. 17 year old Wrigley was a senior in high school, playing on the varsity boys baseball team, she was the best pitcher they had seen in 10 years. On January 17, 2015, the fourth and final sibling/child of the Martin clan, Rizzo Ivy was born. They also had gotten two dogs, a black lab, Maddux, and a chocolate lab, Cubbie. Now in 2018, Wrigley is working a part time job at Starbucks, she's got a baby of her own, Diego, with the love of her life, MLB Puerto Rican hottie, Javier Baez, while in college, looking to graduate with her bachelor degree in sports medicine. She's doing online college so she can take care of Diego.

Wrigley's interests include: baseball, football, NASCAR Racing, IndyCar Racing, Formula 1 Racing, watching Netflix, eating pizza and drinking Corona at the same time. Wrigley loves to babysit her little siblings when she gets the chance. She is a total neat freak, she gets it from her mom. Wrigley is a huge country fan. She tries to workout on a daily basis. Her number one go-to babysitter is her mom, since her mom works from home. When Wrigley is at work, she calls Mama. Her favorite food is pizza, pepperoni, sausage, mushroom, green pepper pizza with extra cheese is her favorite. She LOVES Italian food. Wrigley has more guy friends than girls, although she is close with Julianna Zobrist, Jessica Bryant, Emily Vakos, and Melisa Russell. She was close to Dexter Fowler's wife but Dexter had to go sign with St. Louis (WHY DEXTER?!?!!??). She was also close to Natalie Szczur, until Matt got traded. Joe Maddon and Theo Epstein had offered Wrigley a job with the Cubs, as an assistant coach to Joe because of her knowledge of the game of baseball but she had turned down due to having a baby and the fact that she was in college. She is still considering the job. Theo isn't offering the job to anyone else because he knows who he wants. Wrigley is really close to Willson Contreras and if she's having an issue with Javy, or she has news she needs to tell Javy, she goes to Willson first. Willson is like her go-to person. Like Meredith is to Cristina, that's Willson to Wrigley, and vise versa. Even though they were born in Cuba and their dad is Cuban along with their grandparents, Ryne and Wrigley aren't too fluent in Spanish. (I know, crazy, right?). Because of how Matteo's family is, it's a tradition to give every born-in child an adjustable gold chain so they never grow out of theirs, Matteo has had his for 47 years. It's a habit for Wrigley to mess with her's, whether it's in her mouth or it's just her playing with it with her hands, she's always fussing with it. She's the only one in her immediate family that does that. Ryne always has his tucked inside his shirt, Wrigley's is always visible, Addison always has his both ways, and Rizzo's is always shining out front like her big sister's is.

That's some of Wrigley's background!