8

The police officer reached his car, and Silas jumped in after him, and the sped off down the mains street of Ipswich. Dodging bikers and Bogans riding shopping trolleys, they finally arrived at a seedy looking area. Silas got out and breathed in a breath of seedy air. "Ahhhhhhhh" he sighed in contentment. "This is as far as I can take you "said the cop apologetically. "IT'S OK" Silas shouted warmly "THANKS FOR THAT... WHICH ONES HIS HOUSE?"

"House?" the cop replied incredulously "His office is that yellow building, the one with peeling paint. And why do you shout so much?" he queried.

"OH THANKS, I SEE IT, AND DO I SHOUT? I DON'T NOTICE IT REALLY. BUT..." Silas cleared his throat, "I CAN SHOUT IF YOU WANT!" a cloud of assorted birds flew up in the air. An old lady fainted. Bogans crashed there shopping trolleys into bikies, who were too busy clutching their ears to notice. The police officer quickly got in his car and drove off, wondering if he was going to be permanently deaf.

Silas, unperturbed, walked into the seedy section of town, only distinguishably seedier than the rest of Ipswich because it was filled with old ladies feeding birds. He arrived at the door of the yellow building that was supposedly Bill's office, and went in. Inside, a woman in a mini skirt and a crop top, both far too small for her, was lounging on the counter of reception. SIlas bottom jaw dropped 3 foot and almost hit the floor. She lazily propped herself up on her elbow and then looking down at her nails, asked "you want to see Mr. Tate?" Trying hard to focus on the woman's face he stammered "AHHHH DO I?.... OH YEAH I SURE DO, I KNOW HIM FROM WHEN HE LIVED IN LOGAN AND-"he was cut off by the woman shouting for Bill. A man with grey hair, dressed in board shorts and a singlet walked into the reception. He looked bleary eyed, and was leaning over, but stood straight up when he caught sight of who was waiting for him. "Silas Jones?" he asked unbelievingly.

"HUH WHAT?" silas ripped his gaze from the woman with some difficulty and looked at this man who was supposedly Bill tate "YEAH THAT'S ME" Silas laughed.

"Wow I can't believe it" Bill ran his hands through his hair "it's been awhile and you don't look much different. I just didn't expect to see you again. I mean you've never left Logan before, and I wasn't going to go back, too many people want money from me." He ended with a laugh.

"WELL, YEAH ITS HAS BEEN AWHILE. YOU'VE GOTTEN FATTER TOO." This comment was met with a wan smile from Tate. "I KNOW WHY I'VE NEVER LEFT LOGAN" Silas continued "ITS BECAUSE THIS PLACE IS TERRIBLE, NO ONE HAS ANY DECENCY! I DON'T THINK I WOULD LIKE IT HERE."

"Well yes, it takes some time to adjust to, it did for me, but after you get used to it, you begin to love it. So many Bogans to rip off and borrow money from for indefinite periods of time. I've started borrowing money at 0% interest and lending it at exorbitant prices, getting lots of profit, while never losing a cent. And I am not planning to give back what I borrowed. I'm practically stealing." The woman on the bench murmured in agreement.

"SO IT'S ILLEGAL?" with a laugh the man patted Silas on the back and nodded. Then Silas related the chain of events to Bill, from him waking up in hospital to arriving at the office. After finishing his story, he asked "WHO WERE THOSE MEN IN BLACK? DO YOU KNOW THEM?"

"Oh yes" laughed Bill, "man did u get into trouble with them. There part of a bikie gang called The Bogans, and they don't like me because I borrowed money from them, and I have refused to give it back."

"OHHHHH" comprehension slowly began to dawn on Silas's face. "SO THAT EXPLAINS WHY THEY DIDN'T WANT ME TO TALK. BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO MONEY."

"Well actually no, it explains why they threw you out the window when you..... oh never mind" he could see Silas, who was intently gazing at the only other person in the room, wasn't listening. He gestured Silas come. Then he turned and the headed into his office. It was a struggle, but Silas did eventually tear himself away and followed Bill. once inside, Bill shut the door and asked "so why did you want to find me?"

"OH THAT'S RIGHT!" Silas exclaimed with joy. "MY FRIEND CALVIN ASKED ME TO GET SOME PEOPLE, BECAUSE WE'RE GONNA HAVE A REAL FIGHT! YAHOOOOO!"

"and you wanted me because...?"

"YOU CAN BE IN IT TOO!"

The silence that followed was deafening.