CHAPTER 10

My phone beeps just as I open my book. It always does that, that sodding thing. I check. It's Xander. Heyy, not complaining anymore. I check to see what it is. I'm kinda disappointed in what it says because he sent me this:

'What about you ask Jane for makeup shopping advice? She's great at that. And while you're at it, I'll decorate her house and all and throw a surprise party. I've talked to her mum, she's okay with it. Please say yes if you love me.'

I rub my eyes.

'if you love me.'

'iF yOu LoVe Me'

oh
my
god.

I splash the glass of water on the side table on my face.

He probably means it in the platonic way.

He definitely means it that way.

He has a girlfriend.

He is in love with her.

And I am in love with him.

I reply in the affirmative to him. It won't be that bad, it can be our little secret for now. We're bonding. I love spending time with him. however that may be.

He's read the message. Why isn't he saying thank you? Wasn't he the sweetest person ever? Why am I thinking this much. I need to turn off feelings and get a life. I go back to studying, books over boys anyday. Around 15 minutes later, I hear my mum calling me. I run downstairs or I'm going to get my ass spanked.

I'm in my usual home clothes, oversized hoodie and tights and my hair going in all directions of the compass. Our stairs are just in front of the main door, and as I take a massive jump at the 6th last stair, I realise it was a bad idea. I land on my face.

"Ah, fuck me."

"You're hot and all but I can't imagine thinking of you that way."

That voice is familiar. It's Xander, obviously.

"What even are you doing here?"

Mum jumps in the conversation. "So yeah, Olivia, Xander came by asking if you could go shopping for Jane's birthday?"

"Now?"

Oh god, another of our unofficial date just 5 seconds after he told me that he can never ever ever ever ever think of me that way. But I agree, we never know what's in store, now do we?