CHAPTER 11

Xander takes me to the mall. His plan is to throw this really big and posh garden party, so first we will need to order flowers. We go to the florist's, the biggest shop in town that is.

There is a old man sitting at the counter. We go up to him.

"Um, excuse me, Mister..." Xander starts off, "We need to place an order for 12 dozen flowers on Saturday."

"Which ones would you like, young lad?"

"I think orchids would be best."

"Wouldn't you want to discuss with that pretty lady of yours?" the man has a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"Olivia? She's just here to give me company. I'm surprising my girlfriend."

I feel my heart sinking when he says that.

He then gives his number and Jane's address. They ask for payment so he takes out a credit card. And like that, we are out of there.

We go to a couple other shops for the catering orders and other stuff like the tables and chairs and even a piñata. Lastly, we go to Sephora because he wants to buy his present for her.

We're walking aimlessly around the shop because there are so many good things and it's hard to select one. Finally, Xander settles at the fragrance section. There, he tries atleast a zillion samples of perfumes and makes me smell each of them too. I'm having so much fun with him, we conjure up pathetic descriptions of them in game show voices. This is what I live for, not flirting or romantic stuff, but just having the time of our lives in ordinary stuff.

He then pops my bubble by saying, "Safe to say that we've tested each one of them, so which one do you think would be the best for Jane?"

"Um, I don't know. I absolutely suck at making decisions."

"But you're a girl and I just have a feeling you guys like the same stuff. Please help me, I don't want to disappoint her. I'm pretty shit with this stuff."

"No you're not."

"Shut up and just select one."

"Uh, that pink one? It's going to match the theme of the part anyway."

"Hm yes. That's it. Thankyou, Olivia."

I like the way he says my name.

After he pays for that, he says that I deserve food for helping him.

"I'll take you to the finest restaurant in town for dinner."

"But I look shit. I mean, I'm not even dressed up."

"You look beautiful as always. Now get in the car."