Chapter 5

I stood frozen. Part of me was terrified, and part of me felt like Loki had something to do with this. It could just be one of his tricks to make me crumble underneath him, yet he had seemed so shocked as well.

"I can't believe she would do that to me." Loki growled.

"Well I'm right here with you. I'd rather go with a pig."

He chuckled. "Be careful, angel, I just might take you up on that offer."

Angel. Had he just called me angel?

"Yeah, well let's just get these errands done so I can go back and train."

We left the palace, riding our horses down into the village. Loki lead me up to the first store and silently started to grab the items we needed. After awhile, a group of girls crowded inside a jewelry store next door, pointing at the precious gems in the window. Some of them were gushing about how they would be able to buy them if only they were a princess and had enough money.

Loki smirked. "You know, girls who don't live in the palace all act like princesses, but you? No, you want nothing to do with it all."

"That's because I'm not hungry for attention like those girls. If I had a choice, I would just be me."

"You would give up your luxury life in the palace, give up your friendship with Thor?"

"I'm a little mad at Thor right now, but yes, I would."

"All for what? Not feeling the pressures of being a princess?"

"Loki, stop." I clenched my teeth. "I am not a princess and you know it. I am just the child of the leaders of the royal court and in no world known to Asgard will I ever be a princess."

He hummed quietly. "Interesting."

"Come on." I grumbled, grabbing the bag of purchases from him.

He followed me past the crowd of girls and into the jewelry store. Frigga had asked me to pick up some rare gems and I payed for what was needed. On our way out, I noticed that some of the girls were chatting with Loki.

"So, what's Prince Thor like?" A girl with bright red hair questioned.

"He's a big oaf." Loki looked at them in confusion.

The girls squealed in excitement.

"He's so handsome. I wish he'd go to the ball with me."

"I doubt it." I replied, coming up from behind Loki.

"I know who you are." She commented. "You're the general's daughter!"

"That's right. And I could get you thrown into the dungeons if you don't scram and let us through."

"What a bitch." The girl's eyes flashed an evil green. "No wonder Thor never liked you."

"I suggest you shut your mouth." I snapped. "Thor and I were never a thing. And to answer your question, he won't go to the ball with you because he's going with Lady Sif."

"Fine then. I'll just try for the next in line." She stated, turning to Loki.

"Go ahead. See if I care." I rolled my eyes.

She smirked at him. "Hi, I'm Erica."

"Sorry, peasant, but I already have a date." Loki said in a flat voice.

"I was just asking, cutie, don't be upset."

"I'm done talking to you." He turned on his heals and left the shop without another word.

I laughed as we reached our horses. "Wow, that was some show, huh?"

"Quite. Peasant girls drive me nuts."

"You still wish I was like them?"

"Gods no. You drive me insane, but I would take you any day instead of those preppy and obnoxious girls."

I smirked. "Awwh. You drive me crazy too."

He chuckled, handing me the reigns to my horse.

The ride back to the palace wasn't as awkward as before. Loki and I actually talked. I mean, it wasn't a deep conversation, but we actually could keep it up the whole ride. I had begun to doubt why I thought Loki was this horrible person and I begun to realize we weren't that different.

A few days passed and the ball was already a day away. I couldn't have been more nervous. Thor was hardly around, going out with Sif and my father's army to tell the different villages about the ball. I was still furious that he hadn't asked me, but part of me kept going back to what that peasant girl, Erica, had said.

No wonder Thor never liked you.

I didn't like Thor. Did I?