Chapter 9

Loki was good. I'll admit. Our fight lasted a lot longer than last time, but I still couldn't fully get down the win. However, I wasn't bothered much that I lost. This was just practice after all.

"You've improved well." Loki chuckled.

"Thank you," I smiled. "For teaching me everything."

"It was my pleasure. Now why don't we go and do something fun?"

"Like what?"

"I'd like to take you to my secret hideout."

"Secret hideout?" I mumbled. "I never knew you had one."

"What did you think? That I had been in the library all those times I've disappeared?"

I laughed. "I'm sorry, but that's exactly what I thought."

Loki smiled. "Come with me, angel."

He held out his hand for me, and strangely, I took it. Our fingers entwined and I blushed. It felt like his hand was the perfect size for me to fit my own into. Maybe the prophecy was right? Could he really be my soul mate?

No! Astrid, stop this idiocy. You're with Thor! Stop being so selfish!

My subconscious reminded me. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts, but I just couldn't pull my hand out of his. It just felt so right.

Loki lead me into the stables and grabbed his horse. I searched for Duchess, but she wasn't there.

"My horse is gone." I commented.

"It's alright, angel, you can just ride with me." He paused. "If that's alright with you."

I nodded, climbing on the back of his horse. I wrapped my arms around his waist, feeling the strong muscle beneath his tunic. My heart beat picked up as we raced through the forest and I silently prayed that he couldn't feel it.

Soon enough, the horse galloped up to a huge patch of ivy. The hedge was thick and impossible to see past. I began to wonder what Loki had in mind. He tied the horse to a tree outside and helped me down, leaving an arm around my waist. My heart was racing.

Loki is just a friend. Loki is just a friend.

A small patch in the ivy, barely big enough for a medium sized animal to crawl through was at the bottom of a hedge. Loki slid through, motioning for me to follow.

"Welcome to my secret hideout."

Inside was an circular enclosed meadow. Flowers grew along the bottom of the hedges, trees with all types of fruit and ones with long branches that almost reached the ground blew in the soft breeze. The constant smell of the flowers and the fruit was amazing and I fawned over the meadow's beauty. Loki went and sat down under a tree in the center. It looked older than most in the forest and had probably been there for more than a million years. I followed suit, and placed myself on the soft grass beside him.

"Loki, this is amazing!" I marveled.

"Thank you. This is the only place I can come when I need to be alone. It is so well hidden no one can ever find me."

"I can't believe I got the chance to see this!"

"Well, I wanted to share it with someone who would understand its beauty."

He smiled at me, interlocking our fingers again. I didn't hesitate this time, leaning against his shoulder, just enjoying the moment.

"Do you want to dance with me?" He whispered in my ear.

"But there's no music."

With a flick of his wrist, a small machine appeared at the base of the tree and started playing a soft piano melody.

I smirked, standing up and taking his hand. "You're always so mischievous. Did you poof this up from Midgard?"

"Maybe."

I laughed, feeling his arms wrap around my waist comfortingly.

"I better warn you, I kinda forgot what you taught me at the ball."

He chuckled, pulling my closer. "That's quite alright. I didn't really consider that dancing anyways."

"Is that so?" I inquired. "Please share what your definition of 'dancing' is."

"Well, I feel that it is anything you want it to be. Even the worst person, such as yourself can't be considered horrible in my dictionary. You may be good in some other world, and no one here would know."

I playfully slapped his arm. "And you could be horrible in another world and no one here would see that."

Loki laughed again. "Always so spiteful of me."

"Only when I have to be."

I felt him pull me closer and I wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder. I closed my eyes, feeling our bodies sway back and forth to the music. This was so much better than the ball. Loki made me feel so much better. He made me feel safe. He made me feel loved.

I felt his lips softly peck my forehead, and I paused, my feet tangling up in one another. I grabbed the lapels of Loki's tunic to balance myself, but it took him off guard and we stumbled backwards. My back hit the soft earth, small giggles erupting from my mouth. Loki lay on top of me, laughing as well.

"You know, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that you did that on purpose."

I chuckled. "I guarantee you, that was not my plan."

Loki smiled, cradling my chin with his hand. Oh no. Before I knew what was happening, I felt my head being pulled upwards, and our lips met. Sparks flew in every direction. My heart was pounding in my throat and I could barely process what was happening.

Stop you fool! What are you doing? You have Thor!

My subconscious was being very vocal, but I ignored it completely. At this very moment, Thor had never kissed me like this and I was going to soak up every minute I could.

Loki's tongue pressed against my lips, begging for entrance which I happily obliged. Trying to sit up, I followed Loki, our lips never breaking contact. He was in a sitting position, the hands gripping my waist leading me to sit on his lap. His back rested against the base of the tree as I tangled my fingers in his short silky hair. His arms felt secure around me, his lips on mine, his tongue claiming dominance. This was so wrong. I was with Thor. But Loki.... Oh how I craved this moment to continue. It just felt so right.