Chapter 7

Astrid's POV:

"Thor, I don't know what to say." A small tear escaped my eye, but I didn't care this time.

He strode across the room, stopping right in front of me, and pulling me in for a hug. I could tell, this wasn't any normal hug that Thor and would I have shared. It was a hug full of feeling and passion and I didn't want to let go.

Thor kissed the top of my head. "Tell me you feel the same."

I smiled. "I think I like you too."

For as long as I could remember, boys were never on my radar. I was always thought weird for it, but it was just part of who I was.

Thor gently lifted my chin, bringing my mouth close to his own. "Now I know you've never done this before, so I'll be gentle."

I nodded, just wanting to know what his lips felt like. When our mouths finally met, it was amazing. I couldn't believe that I had thought kissing was gross a couple weeks ago. Thor's lips moved perfectly against mine, making the kiss all more passionate. His grip on my waist tightened, as I snaked my arms around his neck, tangling my fingers in his long blonde hair.

"What the hell...?"

Thor and I pulled apart to see Loki in the doorway .

"Loki?" I watched his face convulse in emotion. "Why are you here?"

"To save my idiot brother from making any stupid decisions, but it looks like I'm too late. I'll be leaving now."

"No, Loki, wait!" I ran towards him, but Thor caught my arm.

"Astrid, let him go."

"No, Thor!" I yanked my hand away and ran after the black-haired god. "Loki, wait!"

Loki continued to walk unbelievably fast, resulting in me stumbling to keep up with him. Running into the garden, I eventually caught up, pulling on his arm to try and stop him.

"Loki, please, tell me what's going on!"

"You don't need an explanation! Fate is fate and you can't do anything about it."

"Loki, there is a prophecy. Thor told me that-"

"To hell with the prophecy. It never helped anyone."

I paused. "You knew about the prophecy?"

"Everyone in the royal family does. Even your parents. Why do you think that they were so shocked when you actually agreed to go to the ball with me?"

"But.. Thor said.. why didn't anyone tell me?"

"Because you had no interest in me whatsoever."

"That's because you were a total ass to me!"

"I only acted that way because I never thought a prophecy could predict in who I fell in love with!" He growled.

"Well look at you now!" My voice raised to a yell. "You think that by teasing someone and constantly making their life miserable is defying fate? Well let me tell you something, Loki, all it did was made me hurt inside, made me feel worse about myself, but I never let it on because I was afraid that it would result in more taunting. You broke me, Loki, and there is nothing you can do about it-"

His lips were suddenly brought to mine. I gasped against his mouth, feeling an electric shock convulse through my body. My heart was pounding in my ears as I struggled to remember what to do. His cold hands gripped my waist just as they had done before at the ball and he pulled me closer, our bodies perfectly aligned against one another. Loki gently stroked my cheek with his right hand and I felt a spark as he touched my skin. What the hell was happening? I was still in shock, but my body began to take over. Wrapping my arms around his neck and snaking my fingers in his hair, I kissed him back, feeling a rush of pleasure through my entire being. When he pulled away, I stood, panting.

Loki tilted my chin upwards to make sure he had my eye contact. "I never thought fate could predict who I fell in love with, but it never said anything about having a strong attraction towards someone."

"Please, Loki, don't make this hard for me."

He frowned. "You're still thinking about my oaf of a brother, aren't you?"

"I'm sorry, but he kind of just admitted his love for me!"

Loki grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer. "You know that I made you feel better than Thor ever did. Don't deny it, angel."

My face reddened. He was right. The moment Loki touched me I felt an electrical shock through my body and even more so when we kissed. Thor was my first kiss, but Loki was my first real kiss.

"Answer me, Astrid." I made eye contact with his emerald green orbs.

"Loki, I.. I don't know what to say."

He growled deeply, turning away. "Forget it!"

I watched as he paced away, leaving me speechless. I didn't have feelings for Loki. No I couldn't. I had already said I liked Thor. But the prophecy and our kiss.... oh how much passion we had shared in just that one kiss. I couldn't believe it. I had feelings for Loki too.