Chapter 27

I was laying half asleep next to Loki, my head gently resting in his lap, as he stroked my hair the best he could with his handcuffs on. He sighed deeply.

"What I could do with the power that runs through those veins."

"It would consume you." I heard Thor respond.

"She's holding up alright. For now."

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know."

"Say goodbye."

"Not this day."

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready." Loki hissed harshly. "The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?" Thor asked.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

My heart pounded in my chest. I wanted to say something, but I held out.

"Surrender is not in mine."

"The son of Odin."

"No. Not just of Odin. You think you alone were loved of Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust."

"Trust? Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die?"

"What help were you in your cell?" Thor growled.

"Who put me there? Who put me there!"

"You know damn well! You know damn well who! She wouldn't want us to fight."

"Well she wouldn't exactly be shocked." His face softened.

"I wish I could trust you." Thor sighed, turning around.

"Trust my rage."

Alright. I was done.

I sat up, and slapped Loki across the face.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?"

"That was rude!"

"I thought you were still mad at Thor."

"I am."

"Then why did you-" Thor stammered.

Slap.

"Shut up, Barbie."

"But Astrid-" Loki spoke.

Slap.

"Both of you stop talking!" They paused, looking at me. "Yes, I am still mad at you, Thor, and no, Loki I am defending him, because although he betrayed me and went with a mortal woman, almost breaking my heart-"

"Almost-?" The blonde god gasped, seeming offended.

Slap.

"He is still considered family. And yes, Thor, because I would never allow someone to break it, unless I had been in a relationship with them for a long time."

"So you're okay with his love for the mortal?" Loki looked at me cautiously.

"It's the same as Thor with us." I nodded. "I just want him to be happy, even though Jane is down sizing a bit."

Loki laughed at Thor's stricken face.

"Oh, and you think you are better?" The thunder god hissed.

"Maybe." I chuckled.

"Are you joking, brother?" Loki raised an eyebrow. "Astrid is the fairest maiden in Asgard, compared to a puny mortal woman."

"Awwh, Loki." I crooned, wrapping my arms around his waist, and pecking his cheek. "But let Thor have his love, and us have ours."