The Little Mermaid: Part 2

Thought I was going to let it end there, huh? Well, of course I wouldn't! I also thought this was a good idea. Sort of ties it all together into a pretty red bow.

~~~~~~

Rin looked down at her hands and breathed deeply. "Here. Stand back. I can try this one..." She put both hands in the human's chest and closed her eyes. Her hands began to glow a soft blue color.

"W-What can I do?" Obito asked as the human began moving, wriggling around like a fish out of water.

"Keep him still, please." Rin said.

Obito nodded and crawled up onto the rock, putting his hands on the human's arms, holding him still. "Hold on, human. We're trying to help you."

A small ball of water rose out of the Human's mouth, followed by a bunch of coughing.

"Let go now!" Rin said and Obito lept back.

The Human turned over and coughing out more water, taking in deep and ugly sounding breaths. After a while, it stopped and he laid back down on his back. "What the hell..." He muttered.

He lifted his head and looked around. Rin ducked under the waves but Obito stayed put. So Kakashi got to see those red and black eyes again. And the rest of the preson to.

"Y-You!" Kakashi said in surprise. "I...I must be dreaming."

Obito tilted his head a bit and shook his head. "Nope. Sorry. I'm real."

Kakashi put a hand on his head and rubbed at him eyes. He turned so he was facing the mer-person in front of him. "So...who are you? And....what happened?"

Obito nodded a bit and got as comfortable as he could on a rock n the middle of the ocean. "My name is Obito Uchiha. I'm a merman from the Village Hidden in the Leaves. And, I think I waved your life." He smiled at that last part.

Kakashi nodded. "Do you know who I am?" He asked.

Obito shrugged. "A Human who hangs out by the ocean every now and then."

"That's it?"

Obito nodded, his tail swaying nervously. "Is there something else I should know?"

Kakashi shook his head. "Haha no. Just trying to find a motive."

"Motive?" Obito asked. "Motive for what?"

"Saving me, of course."

"Oh." Obito looked towards the sea where he last saw Rin. The mermaid was gone. Wonder where she went...

"Why did you save me?"

Obito looked at him again and smiled. "Because. If you died, then I wouldn't have someone to visit." He said. His smile dropped a bit. "That...that sounded better in my head."

Kakashi smiled at him. "It's okay. I...think I get what you mean. If I died, you wouldn't have any company when you came to the beach."

Obito nodded. "Yeah...that." But, there was one reason. And it was one that would make his face turn redder than his eyes if he told the Human. He has grown fond of the Human. What was it called? A crush? Yeah. He's developed a crush on the Human.

"Well, my name's Kakashi. Kakashi Hatake." Kakashi held out his hand to the merman in front of him.

Obito looked at him before smiling again, taking the Human's hand. "Nice to meet you Kakashi Hatake. Can we be friends?"

Kakashi nodded. "Sure. But on only on condition."

"Name it!" Obito said.

Kakashi chuckled. "Can you take me home?"