Coma

Semi-AU. Eleven year old Kakashi is attacked and badly injured by another Konoha nin. Five years later, Kakashi wakes from the coma that attack left him in. Kakashi, not knowing what's going on, escapes from the hospital and wanders towards the park. Meanwhile, the nin who attacked him is still in Konoha as no one ever discovered he was the one who attacked Kakashi. Who will find Kakashi first: his friends or his attacker?

Kakashi Hatake. Elven years old mentally. Sixteen by physical age. He doesn't know this, or understand. So he goes to see if he can find any of his friends. Hopefully Obito. He needed to see his teammate and friend. Well, more than friends if he was to be frank.

He put his hands in his pockets as he walked down the streets of Konoha. Things looked different, but at the same time it feels like they never changed. It was strange. The doctors looked at him weird when he walked out. It didn't look like they wanted to stop him, but they didn't.

"Hi!" Kakashi felt a tug in his leg. He looked down at see it was a small child with yellow hair and bright blue eyes.

"Um, hi." Kakashi said. Why did the child look like his sensei?

"Naruto! Where did you go?"
"Man, the Hokage is going to loose it if he finds out we lost Naruto."
"No, Kushina-Chan will."
"Agreed."

Kakashi looked around for those voices. They sounded so familiar, but didn't sound like anyone he knew. He looked back down at the child and figures he was younger than five, older than one. The child lifted his hands up, bouncing on his toes a bit.

Kakashi bent down and carefully picked up the child. Even he knew the universal child sign for "pick me up."

"I think I saw him over there." Said the male's voice.

"Just look for the yellow hair." The girl said.

"I am, I am." The boy sighed.

Kakashi looked at the child in his arms. "Are you Naruto?" He asked.

The child nodded. "Mhm!"

Kakashi nodded. He looks around the crowd for the two who were looking for Naruto.

"Put the child down, sir!"

Kakashi turned around and knocked away the hand as he saw it come towards him. Then he froze. It was that face. He would never be able to forget that face.

"You!" Kakashi said, eyes widening.

"You!" The man responded in turn. "You're supposed to be in the hospital!"

"No thanks to you!" Kakashi said. "Why are you still here?"

"Shush, kid. Just give me the child there and I'll walk away peacefully."

"At least answer some of my questions." Kakashi said.

"Why should I do that?" The man said as he held out his arms.

Naruto didn't look like he wanted to move. In fact, he almost choked Kakashi because he was holding on so tight.

"He doesn't seem to want to go. So I can walk with you, instead." Kakashi said.

The man rolled his eyes. "Fine. But hurry up. I'm supposed to be babysitting him."

Kakashi nodded, his face stone the whole time. From the looks of things, he has been in the hospital for more than a week. Why did the child look like Minato-sensei?

"Give me your name." Kakashi demanded as they started walking.

"How about a different question."