Chapter 5 - "Yes Captain!"

~heyyyyy. ^^omo the dimples! Ahhh Sorry for the short chapter but yeah ... I hope you like it~

"Good evening sir" I say, politely bowing. Baekhyun and chayeol spin around. "Wow! You both look ... gorgeous" chanyeol exclaims. "Thanks. As do you" I smile widely. "I would love to stay and stare at you. But we haven't checked security yet" baekhyun sighs. "Zoe can you go check the computer room with chanyeol and y/n come with me" we all nod and immediately switch to work mode. Chanyeol takes Zoe to the computers while the chief leads me too the auditorium.

"I think that's all" we were standing in the centre of the room as the staff rush about us. "You think?" The chief tilts his head. "Yeah ... I just don't trust that" I point to the lighting panel above the stage. No matter how hard I thought I couldn't think of a way to monitor that. I got a bad feeling about the position too, especially since you had direct shot of everyone. "Everything else is safe though. Don't worry about it." Baekhyun rests his hand in my shoulder. "That's how people die" I mutter. I feel a pang of pain in my chest. "I'll keep my eye on it. And I want a list of backstage crew and identification. Make sure everyone knows who is working here and alert me as soon as someone unknown or suspicious is anywhere near that stage" I flick my hair and strut out. We join the other two in the computer room. "Everything good?" I lean over Zoe. "Everything's go captain" "great" I check the time. 4:55. "5minutes" we stand up, all three of my colleges looking at me. I brush my dress down. "All systems go?" Everyone nodded. "Then let's get this show on the road" "yes captain!"

I was stood at the side of the red carpet, my arm linked with baekhyun. We chatted away naturally, our eyes everywhere, as the celebrities pulled up one by one. It was helpful having the chief there since I didn't know any of the idols showing up. "Okay so that's got7. They debuted ... " he talks me through each member before they leave and the next band come sup. "Okay. So this is twice. They're the biggest girl group at the moment and ..." we stroll around making sure we look natural, much like some other people who were infamous but guests of the idols. "These events aren't that different in America" I comment in English quietly. I have worked at some similar events before in the US but I liked them better in korea. I'm not sure why. I just did. The next van pulls up and out climbs BTS. This was where I had to fake the most. I stare at them for a few moments before a man blocks my way. I tilt my body so I can see around him. "Who are they?" I ask moving to the side to get a better view of my best friends. "Oh. That's BTS. They're the biggest kpop group at the moment" baekhyun comments as we watch them pose. I can't help but laugh as they muck about before posing properly. I notice Hoseok and Namjoon whispering to one another before hobi's eyes lock with mine. I smirk sexily staying in character and he winks. The chiefs eyes widen. "Did he just!" "What?" "Jhope! He just winked at you! Come on. You saw that" I laugh at his reaction. "So..?" He stares at me like I'm an idiot with his mouth open. "Jhope. Jhope. JHOPE!" I shrug. "Don't idols to that to everyone though?" "W-well .. I guess" I shake my head and look back to the carpet but the next band had already taken their place.

After a long hour and a half all the idols are safely in their waiting rooms. "That was easy" "true but don't let your guard down" I warn Zoe. She nods "yes captain!!" Clearly giddy on excitement and nervousness. Whenever I'm in charge of an operation I never have a break because that means someone else has to stand in incase something should happen and I feel responsible if something goes wrong. "Why don't you guys take a break." I offer. "It would be good to use the bathroom, have a drink and something to eat now so you're ready for the actual awards" "are you sure?" The chief seems uncertain, "yeah. I'm going to pop around the waiting rooms check up on everything. Don't worry, we've got lots of security guards tonight. It'll be fine for you to take a break" I shoe them off and start walking around the waiting rooms. I speak to all the guards and check up on everything. I also go and show my face to all the idols, simply telling them if they're worried about anything or anyone to come and speak to me or a guard but most of them were chill anyway. I get to the last room and knock. The guard opens the door and lets me in. All of BTS we pinning Jin down and threatening to spill water on his face. "That's not nice" I comment walking into the room. "Y/N!" They all exclaim jumping over to me. "Just thought I'd pop in and say hi" they all hug me happily. I sit down and cross my legs. "How's security going?" My brother asks, sitting in the chair closest to me. "All good so far" we sit and chat for a bit before there's a knock at the door. Zoe and another guard come into the room. "Excuse me. There's some males outside being fairly violent" I stand up to greet the guard. "This isn't your first job is it? Sort it out" he bows deeply. "Yes captain" he rushes back out the door. "Get chanyeol and baekhyun. I'll meet you at the auditorium" Zoe stands up straighter, grinning. "Yes captain!" And runs out the door. "Please excuse me" I bow to BTS but they stop me before I get out the door. "That man you're with! Is he your boyfriend?!" It was Hoseok. I smile cheekily and wink. "Why? You jealous?" I turn my back on their open mouths and strut out the door.