The Castle's Been Taken

As Juliet sat in her quiet room, putting away the few dresses that had been on her bed before, she heard a knock on the door. Not the gentle knock of Mary's, or one of the other ladies, hand or of Bash's three knocks followed by him just entering the room, but a loud, long, six knocks.

Juliet was confused and questioning who the visiter could be and why the sounded so urgent that, before she could answer the door by herself, it was opened and three men she had never met before rushed in.

The stronger looking one talked to the frightened girl while the others looked around. "I'm sorry to have disturbed you, but we are just checking to see if any guards are here." The man's accent sounded Italian. Probably from the people who were visiting Mary and Francis. But why were they checking her room for guards? Juliet asked herself this and many other questions.

"Well, as you can see there are none. So, can you please leave my chambers in peace?"

The man nodded and motioned for the other two guards to follow him out, slamming the door behind him. Juliet placed a hand on her quick beating heart. She wanted to go check on Mary and Francis but she knew it would be risky. They could already have them hostage and there would be nothing she could do.

This was the first time, even with everything that happened with the Pagans, that Juliet has felt utterly and completely helpless as well as useless.

~🌹~

Juliet, along with Aylee, Kenna, and Lola, stayed in their Queen's chambers. They were all frightened of the men, but had agreed to join them at the feast this evening.

"Where's Greer?" Aylee asked, nervous for her friend. "Do you think the Italians took her?"

Aylee's question was answered by a knock on the door. A guard opened it to reveal Greer, dressed like a servant and carrying a plate of food for the ladies. "Your Grace." Greer said and bowed for Mary.

The door shut and the girls began to ask questions. "Greer are you alright?" Lola asked her nervous looking friend.

"I can't stay long. I've been in the kitchen."

"Why are you dressed like a servant?" Kenna questioned, taking Greer's hand into her own.

"Servants are invisible. I thought I'd be safer as one of them, so I borrowed some clothes."

"So you're actually working in the kitchen?"

"Trying to work and making rather a mess of it. What's going on up here? Are you all right?"

"For the moment." Juliet reassured. "All we can do is wait to find out if the Queen and Francis will struck a bargain with the count."

"But I have never been good at waiting." Mary added. Her ladies all gave her a look, telling her that they knew.

"What are you going to do?"

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I promise I will update soon. And yeah.

Love ya😘
Bye.