Trust Me?

Greer and Kenna twirled in their dresses that Mary got for them. Juliet stepped out from behind the curtain and showed them her dress. A little green with white details all over it.

"Oh, Juliet you look beautiful." Mary complimented and hugged her friend. They pulled away and turned to Lola who wasn't wearing her dress. "Oh, you're not wearing your gown, Lola."

"It's incredibly lovely, but I'm afraid it's a bit snug."

"Don't worry. We'll have the seamstresses work on it."

"So, Mary," Greer spoke, "tell us, are you pregnant?"

"Greer!" Lola shouted.

"It's been almost two months. You know everyone's wondering."

"Two months isn't very long." Mary answered nervously, which Juliet knew meant that she wasn't and she was nervous she might never be. Mary went around to the girls and offered them marzipan. Greer and Juliet took one but Lola and Kenna denied. "I thought you loved marzipan." Lola took one but seemed to have a hard time eating it. "Lola, are you all right?"

"Perfectly fine, thanks."

~🌹~

Juliet quietly shut her door as she entered her room. She jumped slightly when she noticed someone standing a few feet behind her.

"Bash!" She exclaimed running into her husband's arms. "Where have you been?"

"Francis and my father tried to send me away, to Spain. While on our way there, his men tried to kill me."

"Francis' men? Are you sure?"

"Yes. And if I find out it was him, I plan to take him down."

"Bash! Watch your tongue! Just saying that could get you executed." Bash sighed. "Do you want me to talk to Mary? See if she can find out if Francis really had something to do with that?"

"If it reveals the truth, yes." Bash pulled his hands away from Juliet's hands and paced the room. "I just don't understand why. I was leaving, he would have nothing to worry about."

"Did you plan to leave without me? Leave me here while you did whatever you wanted in Spain?"

Bash furrowed his eyebrows. "What? No. I planed to come back for you and take you back to Spain. That was my plan. That was always my plan." Juliet nodded but fixed her eyes on the floor. Bash brought her eyes up to his. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes, of course. Do you trust me?"

Bash didn't say anything and instead pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. He kept his hand resting on her cheek and gave her a slow, passionate kiss. His other hand grabbed her waist and brought her closer to his body. Bash was the first to pull away. They rested their foreheads against each other as they kept their eyes close. "I have to go before anyone sees I'm here, but if you find anything. Any proof that proves my right or wrong...light a candle in your window. I'll see it. Then meet me at the spot where we first kissed."

Juliet nodded and kissed Bash one more time before he left.

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.