Pascal

"I have never heard of any town called Visegard." Nostradamus told Bash and Juliet, as they filled him in on what the boy had told her. "What do you hope to find there?"

"The boy was neither sacrificed nor fed upon. Yet the Darkness brought him there for some reason. If we find this place, it may hold clues. It may even be a place the Darkness resides."

Nostradamus gave Bash a confused look as he spoke. "And what makes you think that?"

"When Pagans spill blood to feed the Darkness, they have to bring it someone."

"You don't even know where this town is." Juliet pointed out. "It could be days away. Bash, you promised me that you would be safe, and now you're saying that you want to go face the Darkness head on?"

"Perhaps I should leave." Nostradamus said, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"No," Sebastian stopped him. "we have business still." Bash turned back to his wife. "You're right. I did promise that and I intent to keep that promise. For you, and for our child. I'll bring lots of guards with me, I'll stay in the back of the group and if I realize that I can't defeat the Darkness, I'll get out."

"Promise?" Juliet questioned.

"I promise. Now, go pack your things. I also made you a promise that we would leave the castle as soon as possible. Well, it seems today is that day."

Juliet smiled and quickly kissed Bash before returning to her chambers.

~🌹~
Once Juliet was finished packing, she went to visit the boy that Bash had found. The boy sat on the floor in Nostradamus' work room. Juliet sat in the bed near him, unable to kneel in front of him due to her pregnancy.

The boy looked up at Juliet once she sat down all the way and listened to her. "I have to go now. I'm moving today, but I wanted you to know that these ladies are going to look after you. They're the kindness governesses in the castle." Juliet brought out a small necklace. "My mother gave this to me when I was just a babe. I knew, somehow, that it would always protect me. I want you to have it."

Instead of taking the necklace, the boy jumped up from the floor and hugged Juliet, which she returned. "Please don't leave me." The boy pleaded. "They'll burn me."

Juliet turned to the governesses and motioned for them to leave before turning back to the boy. "Why would you say that?" Juliet looked back down at her small necklace, a cross necklace. "You worship the gods, not God, don't you? I don't care if you're a pagan. My husband use to be a pagan. I'm never going to let anybody hurt you. Would you like to come and stay with me? Just for awhile." The boy nodded. "You know, I don't even know your name."

"Pascal."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.