ten things i wish i knew before i met you.

one: always pick your battles. a fight over where you should eat for dinner is going to mean absolutely nothing in a few hours.

two: never become too co-dependent. keep some space. it's going to kill you to be apart if you're only ever together.

three: take pictures. take lots and lots of pictures together. even if you hate the way you look, take pictures. they'll remind you how in love you are when times get tough.

four: never take him for granted. he may not always be there, don't expect him to.

five: don't get caught up in the moment and say things you'll regret. you aren't living in a movie, just because it seems like the right moment to walk away, doesn't mean you should.

six: never ruin the trust. it takes a hell of a long time to earn and half a second and a little ignorance to destroy it completely. you'll hate yourself for not being more cautious with his heart.

seven: live in the moment. don't worry about how you'll feel tomorrow or what the future holds, because no matter how much you think about it, you'll never know how it'll end.

eight: don't play the "i don't want to seem desperate" game. this isn't a game, don't treat it like one.

nine: give him all of you. because even if he leaves, you'll know it wasn't you, and then you won't spend sleepless nights hating yourself for messing up the best thing in your life.

ten: love him fiercely. not half-heartedly. if you're going to be in, be all the way in. love him passionately. love him effortlessly. and most importantly, love him until he breaks your heart.