JUSTIN

I was excited to arrive finally as a freshman at Repree charter school. Maybe a new fresh start is ahead of me. I put whatever happened this morning behind me and shake my head. Lets be happy. A lot of my middle school people got in this school including my two best friends, Jason and Kai. I was so excited. I walk into the double doors of the school.
"Hey Justin." Some girl from my middle school says. She was with a bunch of others from my school. I head over.
"Hey." I reply.
She starts talking. "So how are y-"
"JUSTIN COLLINS. DUDE." I hear. It was Jason alright. I spot my best friend Jason West walking towards me.
I laugh. "JASON WEST." I say back.
"Shh. Your loud. My animal ears are ringing." Jason says.
"And what you said was your animal howl right?" I say.
"You bet."
"Where's Marisol?" I ask.
"She had some scheduling problems so she said she had to deal with that at the office." Jason says. "There are to many people we recognize here." Jason says looking around.
"..and all the girls are staring at you." I continue. Jason rolls his eyes.
"You know how I feel about that. And anyways, they are staring at you too. Probably more since you dont have a girlfriend."
"They should know I am not interested in that after last time." I say.
"She goes to this school as well." Jason says. I cringe.
"I heard. She ain't here though so ill just avoid her."
"What's your schedule." Jason takes out his sheet of paper. We compare. "You have 2-A: Science first? Bummer. I have 4-A: History first."
"Darn. What about Kai? Wait, where is that nerd?" I say.
"I saw Kai earlier. He's in 2-A: Science as well. Double Darn." Jason says.
"Kai is probably meeting all his teachers like the nerd he is." I say laughing.
"And I'm about to do the same with Band." Jason's eyes sparkle.
"I knew you would take band in high school." Jason shows his drumsticks in his back pocket. I laugh. "Okay Drummer boy." Jason walks away. I should head to class too. Just before I get out of the crown I bump into someone.
"Sorry" I hear.
"Its okay." I say. But the girl I bumped into was already gone into the classroom we were near. She had brown hair. I shrug and head to class.

Classes went well. It was lunch time. I see Jason and Kai at a table.
"JUSTIN COLLINS." Jason says in his animal "howl". Jeez.
I head to their table. "Hush you dog." I say.
"Woof." Jason laughs. Kai was reading some textbooks.
"Nerdy as ever.." I say. Kai gets red.
"I cant help it that I want to get into an Ivy League school as well." Kai says.
Jason and I laugh.
"Hello three idiots." We all hear. It was Marisol. She sat next to Jason.
"Marisol Laveri." Jason says.
"Jason West." She replied. She pinches his cheeks. "You still barking about the animal stuff."
We all laugh.
"You just have to accept my manly animal calls." Jason says.
"You idiot." She laughs.
"You love me though." He pouts like a dog.
"I do. Heres a biscuit." Marisol hands him a carrot from her lunch. Jason takes it.
"You two are weird." Kai says while he reads.
"And you're still a nerd." Marisol says. Kai shrugs.
"Can't help it. My 'nerd instinct'" He says mimicking Jason. We all laugh.
Soon lunch was over and we head to our next class. Soon it was the last class period. I had English in room 1-A. As I got to my assigned desk I saw a note.
"Justin Collins... Band... Pianist... recruit.. 5-A... mandatory." I read. My eyes lightened up. Maybe this is a great idea. When school ended, I headed up to 5-A. As I got there I hear sounds coming from the room. It was the guitar. Whoever was playing it was really really good. I peak through the door window. It was that girl I bumped into in the morning. Her eyes were closed and she was swaying back and forth. Her voice was.. amazing. That song.. I don't know it. Did she create it? I just stare at her for a whole minute. My eyes were boggling. That was talent. I was almost about to jump in excitement. Without hesitation I open the door. This band thing is such a good idea.