Justin

I head out the door.
"Omg Justin, you were so good."
"Can you teach me how to play."
"The school set this band up. Its so hot."
"You guys did perfect."
I didn't hear any of it. I performed.It wasn't what it used to be but I performed. I completely forgot the rule I made for myself: to never perform piano again. I messed up. The fun I had made me forget. And now I remember? I betrayed my mom. I put my hands through my hair. I did what my dad thought I would do,
"Justin, you will get your hands in performing again. Do not think you can stop." He said a year ago when I told him I would stop for the sake of mom. It kept on ringing in my ear. I cover my ears as I head down the stairs. Someone grabs my elbow.
"See Justin, you cant let go of the past. You cant throw things away." It was Madison.
"Oh god. I don't want to hear shit from you." I tell her.
"See you performed again. Your old self still exists." She moves in closer. "We still exist."
I push her away. "We don't and this band is-."
"Come on. You know what we did last year. You saying this band is perfect means you never moved on. Your still playing that piano. Which means we, us may be still a subject in your head. Stop running away Justin."
I move a few steps back. "When my parents divorce. You and everything will be gone from my mind forever."
"Sure. Why because your going to be the new Justin? The new Justin that that girl Sami will see. Stop with the BS. That girls an outsider."
"Honestly. Go cling on to someone else Madison. Shut up. The past is over. Move on. You've been stalking me since school started."
She puts her hands on her hips. "Wow and you've been trying to hide our hallway conversations to all your friends. Even that new girl. "
"Its not a conversation when I'm trying to not get myself involved with you. Sami is an amazing girl who I consider a better FRIEND then you in general. I don't even know you anymore. You know what.. I cant argue. I have to go to class." I start walking away.
"You haven't a bit changed. Lol what a year of failure. Your family. Remember, I know all about it Justin." Madison says. I ignore her. My mood was already bad. But, now its worse. I went to get my sheet music after school.
The door opened and i knew who it was. Madison was wrong. Sami will one day be involved with the past. Theres no escaping it. But i really don't feel well.
"I'm sorry if I said anything." Sami says. I look at her. She did nothing wrong. Did Madison say something to her? I didn't have time to see but she was headed to the music room. I try to smile. Why would I get mad at her. She has been an amazing friend. Something about her is so bright.
"Sorry for what. Today was amazing." I say. She stares at me. I'm sorry Sami.