JUSTIN

I walk to the doorstep of my house after spending time hanging at Kai's house. I sigh. I walk in.
"Mom, I'm home." I hear nothing but a rustle in the kitchen. I walk over. "Mom?"
She was sitting in a seat sipping on some orange juice. I walk over to her. She hands me another bottle.
"Here I bought some." She says. I grab it and peel off the cap. I sit next to her. Her eyes looked tired.
"Are you okay?" I ask her.
"Is your dad home or anywhere?" She tells me.
"No haven't seen him. Did he go out drinking again?" I ask. She sighs and sips her juice. She gets up and throws it in the trash. "Mom! Answer my questions."
"Yes he's out. Go to your room before he comes back." I rest my head in my hands.
"He's going to do the same thing right?"
"I don't know." I head up the stairs and plop myself in my bed. I hear the front door open. I just listen to what I hear like I usually do.
"Where is that son of mine? Get me a beer." I hear.
"Calm down. Your drunk, Hardy."
"Maria. WHERE IS MY SON?"
"He's doing homework."
"Home WORK?"
"Hardy, you're drunk come sit." There was a pause.
"WHO ARE YOU? STOP GETTING IN MY WAY. WOMEN ARE WEAK. THEY GET HURT BY MY SMALL WORDS. SEE WATCH. YOU BITCH."
There was a pause. "Don't call me that.. please."
"Look you're crying. Ugh I feel light headed. Get Justin and come here so I can teach him how to take care of a girl." There was a slap noise. "Like that!" He laughs. Some big bowl fell.
"Who are you?"
"Maria. Stop crying you woman. Or I'll have to continue slapping you."
"Get out."
"Get out? To your husband."
"Go become sober. Stop drinking. You don't know what actions you are doing when you are drunk. You aren't a good role model to our son."
"IM DEFENETLY A GOOD ROLE MODEL. You know what I need? Your body. Come here."
"Stop.. STOP."
"Bitch." Another slap.
"GET OUT!" The door opens and the closes.
I stare to the ceiling. My fists were already clenched. A tear fell from my eye. This happens every day. May dad, after loosing his job became a drunk and would leave the house and come home drunk and abusive. The stuff he said was ridiculous but its bad on my mom. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to find help. I head downstairs. My mom was sitting down with an ice pack on her cheek. She smiled at me.
"Sorry I cut my lip on something. Its bleeding." She says.
"I know he slapped you. Twice. Can't this divorce thing go faster?" I say.
"I'm sorry Justin. His parents are signing their side of the forms. The court date is not set yet." I went back to my room. My mood always goes down at home. Its best I conceal my family from the world. I shake my head. At least a divorce is in action. My mom will be happy one day. Now I just need to forget these sad feelings before school tomorrow so I can be excited cheery Justin.