SAMI

Okay I'll have to admit: being friends with Justin and everyone else is amazing. After three hours with him, I completely forgot about my past. Now it felt like it was holding me back. They were so nice people and I sound so boring. I want to go back to my cheery self and this time, be liked for it. High school is different right. From the bottom of my heart, I'm praying that i be happy. Only one thorn is stuck in my mind and its that girl Madison.

Justin and I perfected Paradise in just three hours but more practice equals more perfectness so we met up every day after school that week. The weekend we went to Kai's house and joined the whole band together and it was amazing. We had so much improvement that were only a week away from actually being able to perform it.

"So like i store sounds in these record buttons. These switches can alter them. Its pretty cool. I love it." Kai explains. We wondered how he dealt with just pressing buttons to make cool sounds. It seems simple but there were so many switches and buttons.  "Jason plays the drums right so we used the electric drums where i can alter the sounds coming out of it so it matches our song. I can do it with microphones too. Like someone's singing can have an echo effect or something. Its the coolest thing." We were impressed. No wonder Kai has a lot of electronic instruments. "It broadens the different sound pool so we can make unique songs that are a bop. I love it." We all looked like we were going to "ooh" and "aah."

"Wait but that means you have to record sounds before hand?" I ask. Pressing a button. A familiar Coldplay note plays on the speaker.
"Yep. It doesn't take long though. I don't use all the buttons. Just up till i have every sound."
"Kai's so cool." Justin says in a bubbly voice. Jason laughs.
"Some girl outta be attracted to his work." Jason says. Kai rolls his eyes. Marisol screams an "oo la la" from the couch.
She walks over. "I'm thinking of our first gig. The school announcements. Maybe. Ill have to talk to the principal. Its minor but hey maybe during lunch we can play it and see what replies we get."
"That's perfect. It doesn't have to be grand." Justin says.
Jason gives Marisol a huge hug. 'You go girl." She laughs.
"I haven't done anything yet." He gives her another one. "Still." We all laugh.