34 ø REGGIE MANTLE [for @Jumpin_rivers]

For Jumpin_rivers

Reggie saw you across the field in your cheerleading outfit, ready for the game

Reggie saw you across the field in your cheerleading outfit, ready for the game. he decided tonight was the night.

*

you stood with Veronica and the rest of the girls, going over the routine with Cheryl. you were about to do the lift where you would be thrown into the air and caught again. slowly, you stepped onto the girls' hands and stood straight. they then counted to three before launching you into the air.

somehow, they had managed to throw you up but to the left and because they weren't paying too much attention, they weren't in the correct place to catch you again. Reggie noticed, before sprinting towards you.

you, however, was completely oblivious to the fact that if Reggie wasn't quick, you'd end up in hospital. expected to be caught by a lot of hands, instead you landed in someone's arms.

you opened your eyes to see the perfect pair of brown ones staring back at you. gasping, you tumbled out of their grip. you managed to land on your feet before the girls crowded you.

"oh my god, y/n! are you okay?" most of them shouted only receiving a nod from you. you locked eyes with your savour; Reggie.

"hey, um, thanks for catching me." you mumbled, holding your hand above your eyes to block the sun while you looked up at him. "i really don't know what I would've done if your weren't there. so thank you- ugh, that isn't enough, i could've been seriously injured! is there any way I could thank you?" you asked after having a mini conversation with yourself.

Reggie's eyes twinkled as he nodded
. "actually, I was hoping you'd go on a date with me?" he asked, your eyes widened. you were shocked that someone like Reggie would ask you on a date.

"um, i would love to go on a date with you." you replied, smiling. Reggie nodded, grinning to himself and he looked at the floor.

"I'll call you?"

"you'll call me." you said back, before watching him walk away.

*

I'm so sorry i haven't updated in a while. i know im a terrible person but with everything that's happened this week I just felt so down and just so uninspired to write.
anyways, I hope you like this.

ily