The call

TW this still mentions the rape the next few chapters might
Alex's POV
I drew a sharp breath when I saw John's caller ID. He'd been gone for hours and I was nearly ready to send out a search party.
"Hey Alex," John's voice was shaking almost like he'd been crying
"John oh thank god, I've been so worried what happened are you ok did someone hurt you, where are you I'm coming to get you?!" I rambled. I heard John softly chuckle and I breathed a bit.

"Alex. Peggy and I were on a walk and we came across a man" he paused as if considering whether to tell me. He lowered his voice "Thomas Jefferson raping a little girl" he breathed out a sharp sigh and I gasped.

"John what happened is she ok!"
"Well she's in an ambulance with Peggy and the police are currently searching for Thomas if that's what you mean."

I didn't know how to feel. My mind was racing.
"Do you need me to pick you up, I'll get Eliza's car. Where are you? I asked already walking out the dorm room. John told me where he was and I drove off to get him.

When I saw him I gasped a bit, he looked pale and frightened. Really fragile. He stumbled as he got up and I helped him in to the car. We sat in silence on the way back. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was more thoughtful.

John got a call from Peggy once we were back in the dorm. He answered it straight away and he cleared his throat, obviously trying to stop the shaking in his voice. Trying to sound strong for Peggy and the little girl.

He paced the floor only making noises in agreement or understanding. When he put his phone down he let out a long breath, sitting on the bed and rubbing his temples. He looked up at me pain in his eyes.

"She said that Sally is doing ok, they put a cast on her arm and are checking her for other injuries. Apparently she doesn't have anyone she trusts enough to act as guardian or any close family members so they've told Peggy she can stay and act as a temporary guardian as long as Sally agrees." John said, his voice sounded hollow and far away.

We sat on my bed in silence. I had so many questions but I knew John had probably already been bombarded with them , (Very uncomfortable ones) before so I held my tongue.

We didn't talk for hours. Until we heard a soft knock on the door. John and I jumped to answer it at the same time. It swung open to reveal James Maddison. He was shaking slightly and it looked like he'd been crying. We stared at him for what felt like forever when James finally asked if he could come in his voice cracking.

He walked over and sat down on John's bad. John glared at him for this but his face softened a bit when he saw how distraught he was.

"The police came and told me that you caught Thomas, hurting a little girl. They asked me if I knew where he was" he whispered
"What did you say?" John leaned forward crossing his arms
"I told them everything I knew, he went out this morning and got a hand gun out of his underwear draw, he said he was going hunting." We all shuddered.

He continued with his story shaking more and more with each word.
"Thomas called me said his plan had gone arise and that he wouldn't be coming back up to the dorm. But he didn't tell me where he will be."

"Ok but why are you shaking so much you didn't do anything." I snapped a was shocked at my own tone of voice.
"Alex!" John scolded, but James shook his head.

But then he broke down completely. Curling up completely, sobbing. John and I jumped up to comfort him
"The thing he did to that little girl..." he breathed
"He's done it before!" He yelled. John reach over and gently grabbed his arm.
"To Who?" He said softly
"Me" James quivered tears streaming down his face.

So I was watching Riverdale while writing this so it got a lot darker then I originally intended. Sorry.