1

Charlotte

I smiled to myself as I took a sip of my water.

Everything was going perfectly as planned, even if my client's attire could use a little work.

Russ Mercer. Well known, basketball playing chauvinist who was also completely narcissistic and a High School Musical 3 thief.

Because as I stood at the bar, in the of his little sister's art gallery, I rolled my eyes as I looked at the back of his suit jacket.

The self-centered bastard had it specially designed so that his last name and basketball number were on the back. Big and prominent so that unless he was turned around, you could instantly find him in a crowd.

Regardless, I was proud of him. He hadn't had a woman in his bed or an ounce of alcohol in public, all to save his image.

According to him, he was told "Mercy boy, you need to start acting your age, you're almost thirty!"

Which when I was assigned his case, I realized that was the complete and utter truth. I had gone to his apartment to introduce myself, only for him to open the door, shit-faced drunk.

He asked if I was a strip-o-gram and kept calling me 'Candy' until he passed out in my arms while trying to give me a kiss.

Charming, right?

So, me being the wondrous publicist that I am, I dragged him to bed and left him a glass of water with a bottle of Aleve.

I'd rather he be a little less hungover once I saw him again.

And after that, he flirted with me nearly every day, before finding out that I wouldn't let him kiss my left pinky toe.

Business and personal never mix.

But Russ still used cheesy pickup lines nearly every time we spoke. I found it amusing so I didn't mind.

And so, with two months of work, celibacy, and sobriety, we managed to convince most people that Russ was a saint.

However, it wasn't extremely convincing since some people seem to believe that Russ has just gotten better at hiding his manwhore ways.

It was a real holdback on my other jobs because I had to spend so much time on him.

But I didn't mind. Russ was actually quite entertaining when he wasn't being an ass.

"So, have you met Freddi?" Russ asked, eyeing my outfit salaciously as he fingered a strand of my hair.

I rolled my eyes but didn't judge him. I was sexy, yet still somehow sophisticated, wearing a short black leather dress that reached just above the middle of my thighs, with a pair of thigh-high heeled boots.

My outfit was the epitome of sexiness, and it was even better with my straightened strawberry blonde hair that nearly reached my tailbone.

"Yes. She's so kind, and well accomplished at such a young age. Which artist is she displaying tonight?" I asked.

Last year Russ and his brothers found out about their little sister that they had no knowledge of.

Ever since then, the boys have been trying their hardest to welcome her into their lives.

She apparently decided to run an art gallery and though she had not even completed college yet, she was extremely successful.

Of course, this meant that all four of her new brothers had to go to all of the showings in her gallery.

"I know. Um, tonight she's displaying an amateur artist, a friend of her husband... Perez, I think his name was," Russ stated, averting his gaze to a server with a tray of wine glasses.

"Husband?" I asked confusedly. I still hadn't heard the full story of how she came into their lives.

"I'll explain later," he murmured. "But how am I doing so far boss?" Russ piped cheerfully, obviously masking whatever emotion was previously on his face.

"Great actually," I answered, going along with his change of topic.

"Great enough to have a drink?" Russ asked with a snicker, obviously expecting his offer to be shut down.

"One," I said with a small smile, holding up a single finger. Russ's eyes widened instantly as the word left my lips.

"You're serious?" Russ whisper-shouted, giddiness clear in his tone.

"Yeah. Grab me one too, while you're at it."

"Charlotte am I being punked? Is some weird ass Ashton Kutcher lookalike gonna show up with cameras?" Russ asked in a whisper, looking around frantically as if that very thing was about to happen.

"You can have a drink, Russ. Now go before I change my mind," I urged him on.

With a big, breathtaking grin, he speed-walked away to find a server. Once he found one, he whispered something in the lady's ear and handed her something. She smiled warmly at him before walking off to get our drinks.

Russ walked back to me with a sly grin on his face causing me to laugh nervously and ask, "You're not planning on drugging me, are you?"

He let out a loud boisterous laugh before responding, "Not a roofie no." just as the server came back with our wine glasses.

Narrowing my eyes, I grabbed his wine glass from his hand and placed it on the bar next to mine before shuffling them around quickly.

"Seriously Charlotte?" Russ laughed as I gestured for him to pick a glass.

"Uh-huh. This will give me peace of mind," I explained as he grabbed the glass closest to him.

I took the other one and clinking our glasses together, we both took a sip. Immediately I coughed, while Russ just smiled.

"Okay, Mr. Not-A-Roofie, did you ask for the strongest red wine that they had?" I asked once I had my breathing under control.

"No, this isn't wine. It's vodka with red food coloring," he smiled cheekily.

😊✌