11

Charlotte

"I need to go home," I murmured, pulling away from Russ's tight grasp.

Standing limply, I was just about to make my way to my jeans that had remained clean when Russ grabbed my wrist and tugged, yanking me back on to the bed.

"I can't go another round," I whispered softly, attempting to pull my wrist from his grip.

"Do you think that's all I want," Russ asked incredulously, his grip loosening. His face was completely appalled, blue eyes widened in utter disbelief as his fair eyebrows rose to his hairline.

I wanted to say yes, but as I watched his mouth that had been held agape in shock morph into a trembling pout, I bit my tongue.

"I don't know what to think," was the only response I could muster.

Swallowing the visible lump in his throat, Russ closed his eyes and shook his head with a small snort.

"Go. Don't come back to until we need one of those date nights. You've got like three weeks off right now. Go see your mom or something," Russ commanded coldly, tossing my hand away from him roughly.

"Russ, please. I didn—" My reply was cut short as Russ turned over in his bed, his bare ass revealed as his blanket shifted.

"Don't forget your mask."

"Oh... okay," I whispered softly, grabbing my phone and jeans as I fought the urge to let out a small whimper.

I left his bedroom, closing the door softly behind me before making a quick call to Tim to pick me up. Guilt pooling in my belly, I picked up my mask from the breakfast bar and made my way to the elevator. 

Once the elevator arrived, I nearly jumped out of my skin as I looked up from the floor, finding Tim already in the elevator, posed like a disco dancer. Laughing softly, I stepped into the elevator, jumping once again when I realized that Tim wasn't alone.

"Russ got his brother to send you a Dewey," Tim chuckled, relaxing into a normal position.

Rolling my eyes at his antics, I snickered as the guard smacked the back of Tim's head.

"Pleased to meet you, Ms. Woods. My name is Sebastian Carpenter and I'll be your security guard until Mr. Mercer decides otherwise," Sebastian introduced himself, shaking my hand gently.

"Likewise," I replied, though my response was muffled by my mask. I took the short amount of time that we had in the elevator to examine Sebastian. He was tall, with dark curly hair pulled into a low ponytail and naturally tanned, although I couldn't be sure due to my sunglasses. Though unlike I expected, he was clad in a white crew neck and camouflage joggers.

"Shouldn't you be wearing a—"

"Suit? No, ma'am. Those are only required when you're going somewhere fancy. Until then, my clothing will be reduced to much of what you see now due to functionality," Sebastian said, creating us a pathway through the paparazzi as we exited the elevator.

Rather than Tim's car that I had expected to return home in, Sebastian led both of us to a black SUV, holding the door open for me to hop in the back seat before he and Tim clambered into the front.

"You said 'until Mr. Mercer decides otherwise.' Which Mercer?" I asked, guiltily and futilely attempting to remember which brother ran the security company.

"Take your pick. You're kinda one of them now."

. . .

"LJ, I don't know what to do. I'm not even supposed to be telling you. For all I know my guard planted a mic somewhere," I cried into the phone, eliciting a chuckle from my little brother.

"You got yourself into this Char. I mean you obviously like something about him. You were reluctant to even let– You know what, never mind. But he can't be all bad." His voice went higher at the end of his statement, forming a question.

I could practically see him cocking his pierced, cobalt blue eyebrow at me.

"But I can't like him. He's so—"

"So different from what you thought he was and actually a nice person?"

"It's just, there are so many things that people –women– have said about him and... I don't know. I guess I just formulated this version of him that only wants sex," I sighed, taking a small sip of my wine.

"How's about you put the phone down and me and you go back to my hotel room, baby? She can't be that important, can she?" Came the sultry voice of a woman in the background causing me to nearly spit out my Merlot.

"Sorry sugar, I'm comforting my sister. And I also happen to like cock. But between you and me, the bouncer happens to like both," he suggested.

I fought back the urge to laugh at the encounter and instead shouted incredulously, "Lysander James Worthington Junior, are you at work?!"

"Yes, Charlotte. I am at work," he chuckled.

"And you won't get fired? Lys, we've been on the phone for over an hour," I asked, eyeing the time on my laptop.

"Nah. If I did, then my manager would have to admit that I'm a sex wizard," Lys snorted, the sound of glasses clinking together making me more aware of his current location.

I giggled softly, joining Lys until the both of us were quiet.

"I wish you'd visit, big sis," Lys whispered, breaking the uncomfortable silence.

"You know why I don't. You can always visit me though," I replied, putting down my now empty wine glass so that I could hug myself.

"Yeah," he sighed, and I could feel him nodding through the phone. "In the meantime, get rid of that one-way description you have of Mercer. Enjoy this relationship. Just don't act like a Basketball Wife, the title does not suit you.

"I think he's a good man and Dan loves him, so get over it. So he fucked a few sausage wallets, he's only gonna fuck yours now. So I say, put him to good use, before I take you up on that visiting offer and do him myself," Lysander squealed, muttering a quick sorry to a bar patron who was obviously horrified with his language.

"Okay," I laughed, my entire body shaking as I chortled, struggling to breathe. "Never ever, use the term 'sausage wallet' again in your life. And thanks. I will. Bye, LJ," I said with a smile.

"Wait, wait, wait!"

"What Lys," I giggled.

"Is it true that hit his cock is 8 inches hard?"

"Goodbye Lys."

😊✌