Project: Waterfront

"An artificial Dragon Born!?" Gray looked shocked out of his mind. "What are you talking a about!?"

"It's all rather simple really." Said Birdway. "I take it Misaka has already told you of Project Radio Noise?"

"Bits and pieces." Said Gray. "We all know about the Sisters now though......are you telling me she's a...?"

"No." Said Birdway shaking her head. "She isn't a complete clone. In reality, her DNA was completely artificially created while the Personal Reality within her was configured so that she would become a Hydrokinisist, thanks to the dragon DNA they fused to her blood at a quantum level. The only part of her that's a clone of anything is a smidgen of Misaka's DNA that was used to help stabilize the fusion between dragon and human."

Nelliel Cerulean got to her feet and backed up to the wall of the passage way. "Wh-who are you people!? Wh-what do you want!?"

"Calm down....." Said Gray putting his hands up cautiously. "I'm not here to hurt you." Gray looked at Birdway.

"Oh please." Said Birdway. "I see no benefit in harming her......I was merely sent to secure her."

"S-secure me?" Said Nelliel. "B-but.....I don't want to go back to that's world!! Those t-terrible people.....they want..."

"If you are speaking of your creators." Said Birdway. "Then rest assured, they won't find you where we're going. No one will...."

"Wait...." Said Gray. "Don't tell me you're just going to take her now!!?"

"Why not?" Said Birdway. "Thanks to Mark Space's sabotage of the Lacrimas it'll be quite easy to transport her away from here during the event..."

"But you can't just kidnap her and leave!!" Exclaimed Gray. "She's part of a guild now, she has friends she cares about!!"

"Acceptable losses." said Birdway emotionlessly. "Pluss their is always a chance that the people she cares about will betray her."

"Lamia Scale isn't like that." said Gray angrily. "How can you be so heartless!?"

"The question is how one can be so logical without becoming heartless to an extent." said Birdway. "I'm trying to look at this from the logical sense. You see, after Mikoto reappeared from the 2 months she first spent in this world, the board of Directors thought it would make sense to have another esper/dragon slayer on their side in case the Railgun ever turned on Academy City, so Project: Waterfront was started. In all senses, she's a weapon who was designed specifically to fight and kill your friend Misaka....are you really going to risk something like that falling into the hands of the enemy?"

Gray looked at Nelliel who seemed extremely frightened by the entire conversation that was taking place.  "Hey....Neliel was it? Would you really do something like this?"

"N-no!" said Nelliel shaking her head. "I-I hate killing things! And those stupid people in lab coats kept asking me to kill all sorts of people for 'training'....but I hated it!! I don't want to go back to that!!!"

"Well there you have it." said Gray. "Those weren't the words of a liar Birdway. And I doubt Lyon and the others would allow anyone to use Nelliel in such a horrific manner."

Birdway sighed. "Well it seems that you won't move out of my way with this.......very well, how about we do a little wager?"

"Wager?" said Gray.

"If Fairy Tail manages to beat Cross Arcana, the temporary alliance between Necessarius and my cabal the Dawn-colored Sunlight, I will leave Nelliel alone. However, if Cross Arcana beats Fairy Tail.....then we will forcibly take Nelliel without any consent."