Chapter 4-

TIME JUMP FYI

They spent weeks together, learning about each other. Grantaire learned that Enjolras is very opinionated and sometimes Grantaire would say something to make him rant for a bit.

"What do you mean? The law was made to protect people, and yet it seems like ever- wait. Wait. You don't actually believe that do you?" Grantaire started cracking up.

"Of course not! It is very important but your really cute when you're mad," he admitted.

"Jerk," he smiled at him, and gently kissed Grantaire on the nose.

"Heyyyy...." He whined and laughed.

"Wanna do something after work?" Enjolras asked.

"Is that even a real question? Of course I do! And you still have to meet Courfeyrac and Jehan!" Grantaire was getting more excited by the minute.

"Alright, but you have to come to pride with us," Enjolras smirked, because he knew that Grantaire would give in.

"Fine," Grantaire gave in and kissed Enjolras on the cheek, then got ready for work.

"See you after work?" 

"Yep, and probably during, I'm trying to set Cosette and Eponine up," Enjolras laughed and watched Grantaire leave.

ENJOLRAS POV

The pain wasn't stopping. His elbows and knees were killing him. They were a bit swollen, but he figured it was helping out the older woman lift the boxes the other day. It was nothing. That's what he told himself.

He smiled to himself, wondering how he got so lucky as to be with Grantaire. He loved him so much, but he wasn't sure if he should say it yet or not. It was finally ten, a reasonable time to actually get up, so he left to go to the coffee shop to work on his speech for Pride. 

He arrived at the shop and sat in his usual corner after ordering his usual coffee, and got to work. His fingers started to ache, but he payed no attention, he continued to type furiously. 

"Enjolras, take a break," a voice said from behind him. Cosette. 

"But..."

"No. Take. A. Break. Pride is in five months! You've got plenty of time!" She smiled and he gave in. He always gave in to his little sister.

"Alright. Is Eponine here? You two seem...friendly"

"Shut up! Don't tell her okay? I don't think she even likes me back," she sighed.

"I'm pretty sure she does. But okay," Enjolras gave in. Again.

They chatted for a bit, and Eponine joined them soon after. Enjolras watched amused as Eponine flirted endlessly, Cosette being completely oblivious to it all. He wanted to laugh at her, but he realized that he had been just as oblivious to Gra- Rs flirting. He just gave them a bit of encouraging. 

"So, Eponine, you dating anybody?" Cosette nearly choked on her coffee, and glared at him.

"No?" She looked at him funny.

"Oh! No, that's not what I meant, I was just wondering," he laughed and 'ponine got visibly more relaxed. 

"Okay," She laughed. "Nobody at the moment, but I think I'm going to ask this one girl out soon," She smiled and blushed, even harder when Cosette frowned.

"I hope she'll say yes."

"She'd be a fool not to 'Ponine," Cosette took her hand and smiled.

"Okay, okay, so umm" Eponine began blushing more. "Cosette will you go out with me?"