A/N

A/N:

Hello everyone! Welcome to Book 2 of the My Chemical High School series. Yes, I know it's a dumb title but I liked it when I created the cover for TCFSH and I'm not going to go through the effort of changing on all the covers. Also, I'm aware that the album the title is playing off of isn't called "Welcome to the Black Parade," so the pun isn't as much there as it was for Three Cheers for Sweethearts, but just calling this "The Pride Parade" didn't seem as fun to me.

As I mentioned in the prologue, if you have not read TCFSH, I highly recommend you do first if you plan to at all. You won't be lost without its context, I guess, but I feel like it enhances this one to have the background. If you're still going to be stubborn and skip it, however, a recap of my writing style:

1) You don't need to be an MCR fan to read this book. The plot will still make sense. The only things that might go over your head are a few references made in passing to songs or other well-known fics. You'll just get to know the characters as if they're characters in any other new book you'd pick up, rather than from background knowledge of the people. (On that note, MCRmy, there are puns literally everywhere. I hope you catch them all because I had way too much fun writing them and put in a bit too much effort to keep them making sense.)

2) This is a relatively innocent fic. I know the stereotype for gay fanfiction is lots of smut, but I pride myself in being outside of that stereotype. So if you've come here for some glamorous gay sex, you're only getting as far as romance. Sorry to disappoint.

3) The characters talk a little about Catholicism in this book. I am a Christian, but a Protestant (Methodist fam, where you at?) Anyway, I thought I'd warn you all who may actually be Catholic that I highly doubt I got everything exactly right. Just bear with me. (And if you see anything horribly incorrect, please, please correct me! I tried to avoid stereotypes for the most part and go off of what my own Catholic friends say, but I'd like to be PC about it and would love to learn what I'm wrong about. If anything offends you, I'm totally cool with changing anything from the word choice to pieces of the plot if necessary to portray a more accurate story!)

4) A huge shoutout to my beta readers, found on Wattpad as zipupjacket addison_iero Erinnerayne84 Mistress_Moony and waterthorn13 !They've been so helpful in helping me edit this, fixing everything from typos to plot holes. Definitely check out their writing!

In the words of every Wattpad user ever, don't be afraid to leave comments! I might read them, I might not. But if you come to the comments to correct my spelling/grammar, you will... probably become my friend. As a fellow grammar lover, I think that's reasonable.

This picks up right where TCFSH left off. This time it's not based on a music video or any outside source; it's my own story made with the characters I developed in TCFSH. This one deals a lot with abuse (and homophobia, naturally), but again, I'll put warnings at the beginning of chapters nearer to the sketchier content.

Updates will be every Monday.

Enjoy!   

Cassidy (acting_is_mylife)