Unexpectedly Falling

Soundtrack:
1. Kiiara - Intention

***Ethan's POV***

One week ago uncle Mike came to visit us. Everybody had been busy for the last months and we haven't met lately. Uncle's shop takes most of his attention, my dad has been working on a new car design for the last months, my mom had exams to prepare and then check and there it is me. I had just finished my college exams and with them I finished my second year of college. So I can say I was also busy for the last months till now. From yesterday my summer had begun.

"Jo, brother, it's been so long..." my uncle greeted my dad as he came inside.

Aunt Audrey and little Carol followed him. My cousin was only eight but she totally loved me I can say. I liked this little one, we were always playing games like monopoly and cluedo etc. I liked the fact that her parents had taught her mostly to play with old fashioned toys, with this I mean - not electronic toys or video and phone games. She is such an adorable girl. I am proud that she is my cousin. There was already a shortage of decent and old-fashioned girls in the world.

"Mike!! Yeah I missed you. You must be hungry. It's already 8," my dad told him.

"Ethan!!" the little one squeaked and jumped on me giving me a hug.

"My little princess," I took her up and placed her on my shoulders so she could ride me like a horse now.

"Yeyy... I have a big pony. My own pony," she giggled happily.

"Yes you do. And who is like you?" I played with her.

"No one. No one is like me," she shouted.

"Exactly," I said and ran through the house.

"Ethan, bring her to the table because we have to start the dinner," my dad called for me.

"Noo..." the girl protested sadly, but dad was right. We were running for around five minutes. I guess we could change the game afterwards.

"Let's go Carol. We will play something else if you want after the dinner. Okay?" I told her and slowly took her off my shoulders.

"Okay. You promise?" she looked at me with those two puppy eyes so I was totally melting.

"Of course. When have I let you down?" I smiled at her and holding her by the hand we went to sit on the table with the others.

"So how is the college going Ethan?" uncle Mike asked me.

"Well... I think I passed my exams. I was very well prepared for them after all," I said and glanced at my mom who was expecting to hear what I was about to say. Of course I had told my parents I did well, but she wanted to see if I would say the same thing to someone who wasn't teacher too. Yeah, my mother is a mathematician and works at the high school that I used to go to. She expects me as her son to be one of the best students. I completely understand her, but sometimes she can overreact a little.

"That's great. Is it difficult? "

"For now it was okay, my collegues and I are expecting next year to be much more challenging as we go more in depth," I explained to my uncle.

"And how is the business Mike?" my dad asked him. My uncle has been selling doughnuts for what seems like entirety and I can admit that he has amazing skills.

"Very well I can say. We have more customers than ever but a little staff," my uncle said. Then I received an idea. I had no job for the summer and my uncle needed help at the shop.

"Hey, what about I come to work for the summer? I need job and you need staff," I told him and I saw how his face lit up.

"This is actually I great idea. And I will have the chance to see my nephew a bit more," my uncle said happily.