The News

Soundtrack of that Chapter

"Tris" (ft. Ellie Goulding) Divergent: Original Motion Picture Score (for the end of the chapter)

***Anisia's POV***

I woke up the next day but I just laid in my bed looking at the ceiling for a few more minutes. My mind was telling me I should leave it all behind and focus on the possitive aspects of the situation. My heart on the contrary was in a deep pain that was not letting me to move on. "Oh come on," I told myself. I had even forgotten about Ethan and this weird thing going on between us. I hated the fact that I would always know what he will do and what will happen, but at least it will be something REAL.

"Are you ready for your ride to work, honey?" my mom got into the room. I was mostly working mornings now as to spend more time with her in the evenings. Therefore, she was taking me to work when she was going to hers as to make it easier for me, more specificly -so that I wouldn't walk to work.

"Umm.. I need a few more minutes," I said as I was just now getting out of the bed.

"Honey is everything alright? You are still in bed?" she saw my miserable look, I guess.

"Actually, things will be better mom. At least now Nathaniel is out of the picture..." I should still be sleeping because I cannot believe that I just confessed that at 5:30 in the morning to my mom.

"What do you mean? How did that happen?" she shot me a surprised glance.

"His own bidding," I answered monotonic.

"Well... I bet that you will be better now... After you get over it..." she said and by giving me a helpless smile she went down the stairs to wait for me to get ready.

Yeah, I will be better... When I get over him. But some part of me knew that losing the only person that could understand my way of life, with these malicious abilities, was kind of painful and hard to ever get over it.

...

I went in front of the shop and sat on one of the benches we had outside as to wait for Ethan or the supervisor to unlock the shop.

I received my new vision when I sat down and it made me feel better, I admit.

"Good morning Sia," I heard his voice just like in the vision. I looked up and saw Ethan's blue gaze on me. He was damn handsome I may say. Don't judge me! I had to take my mind off of Nate somehow. What better way than checking out Ethan?

"'Morning Ethan," I greeted him and tried to smile.

"How are you today?" he asked me being rather cheerful. I was waiting for the day when he would get over the slight rejection I had served him a few days ago. I couldn't stand the tension between us, especially when I was about to be seeing him almost everyday at work.

"I'm ok. I guess," I said unsure.

"Well, I hope you are ready for work," he said and we entered the shop to get started.

Today I had made up my mind that I was about to focus on my chores and nothing else. I turned on the coffee machine so it can warm up. I filled it with coffee beans which smelled fresh when I opened the package and I totally loved that strong smell.

...

Even though Ethan looked cheerful that morning, he still acted distant and all day kept being silent. One of our collegues, Liz, came to me a few minutes before my shift was over.

"Please don't tell me that there is nothing going on between you two," she looked at me with the I-don't-believe-you look.

"What are you talking about?" I said as if I didn't know what she was intending.