~ Chapter 6 - The Pre - Interview ~*

That night after the emergency sound check, Jayda and I trudged back into the flat after being dropped off by the security van.

"So. Tired," Jayda complained, her eyes half closed.

"Then. Go. To. Bed," I said back in the same way.

"I. Will," she replied with a tired smile and shuffled into the hallway and into her bedroom, silently closing the door behind her.

Then I myself turned off all the lights and locked the door and padded down to my bedroom. I changed into a pair of grey yoga pants and an over - sized hot pink t - shirt. As I made my way over to my bed, I pulled my hair up into a sloppy bun, leaving a few tendrils down around my face.

Why the heck am I fixing my hair, I thought, I'm only going to bed. I chuckled at myself but then my reflexed bounced when I heard my phone go off. The familiar tone went off, getting faster and faster as seconds passed.

I have GOT to change that ringtone.

Finally, I found it in my pile of clothes, and without looking at the caller ID, I said, "'Ello?"

"Ellie!" a voice replied back, "It's Niall!"

"Oh, hey, Niall," I smiled, making my way back onto my bed and leaned against the headboard.

"How was the sound check?"

"It was good. No problems. All ready for our performance, thankfully."

"Bad experience before?" he asked.

"Don't even want to talk about it," I responded, thinking back to a couple months ago when we had a sound check that set the amps on fire. Not good....

"Don't have to," he said and I could hear him smile through the phone.

We were both quiet for a few seconds. It was getting awkward.

"Well, uh, I have to go. I'm tired from the rehearsal and-"

He cut me off, "No, no, go ahead! I'm still used to the Australia time zone. See you in the morning, Ellie, night!"

I was slightly shocked by his sudden leave and whispered, "Night," into the phone and hung up.

I held my phone to my chest and looked up at my ceiling. He acted kinda weird but not too weird. I mean, he is 1 / 5 of One Direction, right? Who wouldn't act weird. But then again, Jayda said he was staring at me a lot today. Was he really, actually staring at me or was Jayda just saying that so I'd like him more?

I groaned and tossed my phone onto a nearby chair. I reached over and turned out the light and turned over.

Why does this seem so hard?