Chapter 27

*Maheshwari Pov*

"Hello?" I asked, lifting the phone ignoring the fact that he is calling.

"Hello? Is that the way you greet your boss?" he asked and I smiled glancing at the curtains.

"Sorry, Mr. Singh! Is there anything that needs to be done, Mr. Singh?" I asked and immediately covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing hearing his intake of breath which I am sure to control his frustration.

"Yes! There is something you need to do, Mrs. Singh." He replied and I leaned back smiling.

"And that is?" I asked, moving to and fro in my chair.

"Well, saying that you love me could be a start." His reply made me lose my balance in my chair and I nearly fell back but stopped myself.

"Is everything okay?" he asked and I calmed my fast beat before clearing my throat.

"Yeah! I have some work to do." I replied, trying to stop my hands from shivering.

"Some work which your boss doesn't know?" he asked and I closed my eyes.

"Bye!" I whispered and hung up while still trying to stop my heart from beating so frantically.

"Yes, Mr. Singh?" I asked when he called me after five minutes.

"Move the curtain at the right end." He replied and I frowned at his words.

"Mr. Singh! What is the need for that?" I asked, standing up from my chair.

"I am ordering you something and you do that." He replied, not giving any hint whether he is being playful or anything else.

"To see my face?" I asked him frowning walking there holding the phone holder with other hand.

"You mean I would miss these few moments of privacy from being in your presence? No way! But do as I say." He replied and I stood before the curtain he asked me to lift.

"I will not do it." I mumbled frowning at his words.

"You will otherwise leave the curtains there will be no glass from tomorrow." His threat immediately made me move my hands and lift the curtain only to frown.

But then saw a post-it on the glass and a writing on it. I leaned forward to read it and smiled before moving my eyes towards the person reason for this smile only to see him doing his work calmly not even glancing this side.

I again glanced at the note mumbling, 'I love you though!' reading the note and then I walked back to the desk taking the post-it pad before moving back towards the glass.

'You can stop doing that and then after a few months you can have all privacy in the world and not just these moments, Mr. Singh.' I wrote on the side where gum is there before pasting it on the glass and moved back covering it with the curtain.

I stood there smiling and then frowned, hearing a knock from it. I moved the curtain only to step back seeing him standing before me pasting a note which says, 'Or you can say you love me and we both can have privacy from everyone else.'

I shook my head and he smirked before walking back to his desk. He lifted his phone and I frowned, thinking he is going to call me.

However, he talked and then hung up before taking his seat. That's when I heard a knock on his door, making my eyes go wide and I immediately removed the note from my side before rushing to the connecting door.

I just rushed into his cabin and moved towards the notes before removing them and turned back to see Manjula Madam and the new HR head looking at me with confusion.