Chapter 37

*Nakul Pov*

"Nakul!" I finally came out of my thoughts to see Maheshwari looking at me with worried eyed and I tried to smile.

I really did try, but I just couldn't not understanding each of my Mom's behavior stumbling in my head each head. It's as if I didn't open their bedroom door, but a door to my locked away memories.

"Will you come to work today?" she asked with a hopeful tone and I shook my head in negative.

After the fire memory, I continued my life, but each memory is making me stumble back and I did a big mess out of an important deal making us lose it.

"It will be good if I don't come for a few more days until I settle myself." I gave the same excuse and she sighed nodding.

Oh god! I am vexing her with my attitude and everything. I was supposed to make her too happy and here I am sulking.

I moved myself to assure her and promise that everything will be fine, but if suddenly felt like I don't have any energy left within me.

"Just remember that I love you." Saying that she walked off and I moved, but stopped seeing she already left the house.

Why? Why was Mom so distant and unhappy as far as I can remember? But I even remember laughing and smiling, but stopped whenever I was near her and it sure did hurt.

"Nakul!" I heard another voice and glanced up to see James walking towards me while I was sitting on the couch.

"What are you still doing here? You haven't dropped Maheshwari at work?" I asked him, frowning and he frowned back.

"She didn't want me to drop her and also Grandma wants to spend some time with me before she leaves in the evening." He explained.

"You knew she was mad at you and you didn't care." I said, shrugging, but he sighed before sitting beside me.

"I know! I acted like a jerk, but I miss her friendship, Nakul." He said and finally I am free of jealousy from their friendship when I know she loves me.

"That is not her mistake." I pointed out and he nodded.

"I know! I am going make everything right today. After dropping Grandma and Tina, I will have a long chat with Swathi and then will talk to Maha." He stated his aim and I shook my head.

"As far as I know, thinking soon is never good. You should have done all this the first day when Grandma brought Tina here as a prospective bride for you." I mumbled and he rolled his eyes.

"Anyway, I came here to talk about something important." He suddenly said in a serious tone and I stared at him waiting for his words.

"Our thought was right that each and everything that happened out of India and here is done by the same person. We have been turning over the scenes again and again remembering everything and we found the similarity in all." He explained and I sat still.

"Who wants to kill me for the past seven years? With this vengeance?" I asked him and he sighed with no answer and I am not expecting him to have one.

"I know! All answers are there near Grandpa no matter how innocently he says he doesn't know. And he just calmly says do not think about all this. How can I not? This is my life, dammit!" I screamed, standing up and paced before him.

"There must be some reason." He mumbled and I glared at him.

"Do you like if someone hides something important for you?" I asked and he shook his head in negative.

"From the time you started this company, you are struck with me like this. Don't you want to be free of this duty and live like you should as an owner of a successful business? Don't you want to go and live in that big house you bought along with your wife? And who knows have some kids?" I screamed and he closed his eyes.