Chapter 35

*James Pov*

"James!" that's all Grandma said while I continued to stare at the door through which Swathi just walked away.

"You shouldn't have brought Tina." I mumbled, turning to stare at her only to see a hard expression.

"You shouldn't have hid the truth of your marriage." She retorted and I sighed, knowing well I can never win with Grandma.

"You heard what she said and I knew you wouldn't accept for any divorce in our family name." I explained but she just stood there.

I ignored her glare and continued to repeat whatever words Swathi uttered before leaving from the house. Wishes fulfilled after two months? What the hell is she talking about?

"Poor Tina! I have been talking about the marriage with you and now if she knows you are already married, then I don't know how much devastated she will be." Grandma's dramatic words brought me out of my thoughts.

"She is not poor Tina." I rolled my eyes, making her move to smack me again but I stepped back.

"You don't have care for your wife and even for your friend. What man did I raise you into?" she asked and I snorted.

"You heard Swathi telling herself that she is the bad person here." I replied more than to repeat her words myself with a frown.

"Don't tell me you are the best person in this situation." She mocked and I couldn't help but smile.

"Let me tell you everything." I started and told her each and everything which everyone knows, but not the ones which I just discovered from Swathi and the one which Nakul and I discovered today.

"No wonder you like your job." Her comment was not what I was expecting, but I already know not to expect a particular reaction.

When it was past seven, I glanced at the door to see whether she returned, but she didn't make me feel the anger and frustration and then confusion added to my feelings.

"Well, I think it is better to see when our dinner will arrive and to make sure there is extra for us." I said standing up while she sat there.

"What?" she asked, but I shook my head.

"I will go to the main house." I replied and she too stood up with a message that she will come with me.

"You can rest here." I pointed out, but she waved me off and within a few minutes we are sitting in the living room waiting for Maha.

"James? Is everything fine?" Maha's voice reached us and I shook my head, feeling angry at her too.

"Just wanted to ask when can we have the dinner delivered. Grandma has her food early." I explained and she frowned.

"Where is Di?" she asked, but then glanced at Grandma and I frowned back at her question.

"What am I asking and what are you saying?" I questioned back and she just shook her head.

"She knows about Di?" she asked in a whisper pointing at my Grandma and I nodded to which she sighed in relief.

"Food delivered? But why?" Grandma asked in between.

"When these both were in accident Di hired a cook for the meals to be delivered." Maha replied and she nodded with a frown.

"But we cancelled him today and Di said she will cook the dinner." She immediately added glancing at Grandma.

"Maha!" I said in a warning tone for her lie while she frowned at me.

Why did she lie about Swathi cooking food today for dinner when we all know she doesn't know how to? Is it like to get my Grandma's approval for her sister?