Close Your Eyes

Lawson POV:

Tonight was the last game of the season. We were playing the panthers. After the guys (and gals) sang game day we went out and gave it our all. Now we were in the shoot out. All I has to do was score this point on Luongo and we won. ... Yes! That's it! We may not make the playoffs but at least we've got that.

Now for the hard part of the night. I have to tell Kensi that we're gonna go back to Ontario in the off season. Unless the lynch's will take her in, I trust them enough to let her but it's not exactly an easy thing to ask someone 'hey we're going home for the summer but can she stay with you?' I don't know Mark and Stormie that well so it's gonna be awkward.

* back home *

"Hey McDonald!" kens said walking up to me. She calls me that instead of Lawson cause her last name is Lawson. Ya my mom was a joker when she named me after her maiden name. "The lynch's are having us for a BBQ. Get your swim trunks and hurry over. I'll see ya there" she always does that. Never asks and just keeps walking before I can say anything back.

I got changed and walked up the street to their house. I walked in since the door was open, but instead of heading outback I walked to the kitchen. "Mark, Stormie. Can I speak to you for a moment?"

"Of course! is everything alright?" Stormie asked. She always loved kens, so did mark. I was happy she had them.

"Well, -how do I say this? - Kyla, the boys and I are going back east for a month or two this summer, but I don't think kens wants to go, she never got along with her dad's family besides us and I was wondering if-" I got cut off by mark.

"Of course she can stay with us, let's face it she practically lives here anyway, or Ross is at yours so I don't see why not." He smiled but Stormie seems nervous.

She spoke up "but dear, what about the shows over seas this summer?"

"Kens never mentioned those" I said more to myself but I'm sure they heard me.

"She wouldn't, none of them know yet. It's just us going to Serbia, Ireland and England for two weeks, if you're ok with her coming, I don't see why she couldn't come along."

"She'd love that! she loved doing an Irish accent, she had a friend that taught her some Serbian and I'm sure she'll find something to love about London."

So it was set, now I have to tell her, this'll be fun.

We walked outside and saw the usual, the boys throwing the football, Rydel and Kyla tanning, and Ross and kens making out in the pool. Yup, the usual.

I stripped off my shirt and cannon balled right next to Ross and kens. Yup that got their attention. "Oh kens," I said as I came up to see her glaring at me, and Kyla and Rydel, and Ross. Basically everyone close enough to get splashed. "I have to talk you about something. I tried at home but you ran out so fast."

She groaned and got a couple feet away from Ross. "Ugh what's up?"

"We're" I pointed to all related to me "going back east" she turned white and looked at Ross he looked the same as her. "And you're staying here with the lynch's" she jumped into my arms and hugged the air out if me

"3 things! never scare me like that again, thank you thank you thank you and-" she pushed my head under water "that was payback."

Mark coughed "also, we're going for a two week tour during that time so you're stuck with is then too." He said looking at kens.

"Cool where? Canada, US?" Rocky said

"Dublin and a few small towns in Ireland, London, England and Belgrade, Serbia."

"Sta?!" kens screamed in Serbian.

A/N that's not how you spell it but I'm gonna write it how it sounds.

"Huh" everyone said.

"It means 'what' in Serbian." She replied in a 'duh' tone.

All if us chuckled at her, she got into a phase last year when she thought outloud and it was usually Serbian.

"How do you know that?" Ross asked.

"I had a friend last year, he taught me a few words and phrases. I can also swear in Serbian" I glared at her 'but I'm not allowed to"

So it's agreed. "Alright well, we leave next Saturday." I said

"And we leave the weekend after." Mark added.

Kens nodded. And looked at Ross with the biggest grin.

"Ross, can I talk to you inside for a second?" I asked

He nodded and we walked into the living room.

"What's up?" he has never been nervous with me, he respects me and knows I trust him with kens.

"I wanted to thank you. I never thought I'd see that smile on her face again, but now it's almost always there. I think as long as you're around, it will always be there." I had to say it. It was completely true. "I don't know much about you, but if you can help her, you're ok in my books"

"You've got it all wrong," he said, I cocked my eyebrow. "I don't help her she helps me, as far as that smile goes, it's what keeps me going, I don't help her. She helps me." He smiled the whole way thru that.

"I'm glad she has you. I trust you, ross. Don't make me regret it. Oh and in Belgrade, watch out for her friend Matt. He moved back last year, she kinda liked him." I warned. Kens never admitted to liking him, but everyone knew.

"Thanks." Ross said as kens came in.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" she asked while hugging Ross from the side. He put his arm around her and kissed the top of her head. They're so cute. It's disgusting.

"I had to ask if you could stay with them and my practice schedule has been nuts." I shrugged as I left the room.

Kens POV

I can't believe I get to spend the summer with Ross. Well, living with him. And going on your. This is gonna be amazing, as long as we don't run into Matt in Belgrade. Everyone thought I liked him. I'm two years older and he had a crush on me when we first met. When we became friends everyone called us love birds. We both denied it but he eventually said I loved him. I couldn't have been more relieved when he moved.

"Hey babe?" Ross asked, "everything ok? you zoned out again."

"Ya I'm fine. Just thinking about the summer"

"It's gonna be awesome" he said and kissed me again. I don't care how long we date. I still get butterflies when he kisses me.

I hope so.

A/N: this chapters song is Close Your Eyes by Michael Bublé for when Ross and Lawson had that little private talk.

As a side note, I almost never proof read the chapters so if there is a spelling or grammar mistake please excuse it. Stay LOUD!