Fallout

Kensi POV

That night Ross and I just went to our room, laid in each others arms and talked. Talked about everything, and I mean like if I hadn't been open with him before I sure as hell was now.

I told him how when my parents passed my sisters all kind of broke off contact with me and left me with my cousins. I told him about Jessie taking my dog Duke with her when she moved to Manitoba, even tho my dad got him for me. I even told him how bands like Marianas Trench really helped me through the dark days I had, songs like alibis and low or skin and bones helped me to not start cutting or to not become bulimic. Or how R5 made me feel happy again, how falling for you made me realize that even if I'm weird, I'm still wanted.

After that long conversation it was like 2 am. Ross had to be up for a meeting at the studio at 8 so we decided to try to go to sleep.

Ross POV

I woke up to my alarm, hot mess by Hedley. I turned it off right away so it wouldn't wake kens, then I grabbed my clothes and went into our bathroom to get changed.

I can't believe everything she's been through. Her family abandoning her when she needs them most, music being the only comfort she found for so long, and how she somehow stayed upbeat while everything else was trying to push her down.

Next time I see the Marianas boys I'll have to thank them. Kens might not be here today if it weren't for them.

...

When we got to the studio we were immediately in chads - our boss - office.

"Alright I'll get straight to the point." He starts, "when we signed you, we knew that we would represent you in canada. That once you had interest from a United States label you could co-sign with them and keep us as your distributor in canada." Oh no. I think I know where this is going, "on that note I have good news. Hollywood records would like you sign with them. That means more tours in the states, and more people will know about you since we don't get much publicity there. Now. Because you see technically US citizens it would be best if you lived there. You can apply for dual citizenship after being signed with us for 5 years. After that you can live wherever you want." Chad sighed and took a deep breath. I still held mine. "That's all I have to say. I'll need your answer by the end of the month. That's two weeks. Then if you choose to sign with them, you'll fly out on the 7th of August."

My dad stood up, "thank you. We'll tell you our decision soon."

Chad nodded and we made our way out of his office. Out of the building, that place I once loved so much but now despise. There's no way we're not signing with Hollywood. Not just for me and kens. We can make long distance work. She can visit me and I can visit her. It will work. It will. I hope.

I felt everyone's eyes on me as I made my way to my car. I drive myself incase I wanted to stay and work on a song I've been writing since I met kens. It's kind of ironic actually. 'I don't wanna be famous if I can't be with you'? How am I gonna tell her?

...

When I got home I went straight in and up the stairs. When I called for kens she was in our bathroom. The door was locked, "can you come here? I need to tell you something." I said nervously.

"Just a second I'm doing my makeup." She yelled back.

Even as depressed as I am, I still burst out laughing. "That's funny honey, no seriously, what are you doing?"

She opened the door and she looked beautiful. Her eye liner was a thin line with a wing tip, eyeshadow was dark charcoal but glittery on the lid and a champagne color on the brow line. Wow. The things you learn living with Rydel.