Break your little heart

Kensi POV

I ran home. Not even caring that Ross might not know the way. I ran back to the lynches to grab my house keys and a few essentials. I can get the rest later.

I went to dellys room and told her what happened. How I told Ross that if either way we break up in the end, we might aswell break up now. How Ross said he would stay and not take the contract. And I told him to follow his dreams that didn't involve me. And most of all, to break the promises that I knew he couldn't keep.

She told me he probably couldn't stay anyway, mark would never allow them to miss this opportunity.

By the end of our conversation I was in tears. See, this is why I never wear makeup. I probably look like a raccoon since it was all dark.

I decided to leave. I went down the stairs and was about to open the door when Ross walked in.

"Holy crap! kens are you ok?!" he asked looking into my eyes.

I kind if laughed, "no, no not really."

He just pulled me back out to the front porch, closed the door and hugged me. This is going to he what I miss most about Ross, whenever I'm crying or upset he just hugs me. He knows this is all he has to do, just let me know that someone's here for me and I'll calm myself down. He rested his chin on my head, at first I thought he kissed it, but he knows well enough that I would have pulled away.

He sighed, "Kelsey, I love you, we can make long distance work, I know we can. I can fly here or you can come visit." Then his eyes lit up like he had the best idea ever. "Come to la with us!"

"What?"

"Come, you've stayed with us all summer, come on."

I shook my head, "Ross, I have to finish high school here. And Lawson might have let me stay with you for the summer but he'd never let me leave the country to live with my boyfriend."

I could've sworn I saw a single tear roll down his face, "I need you kels. This can't be it. this can't be goodbye."

"It is tho. Look, I don't want to be the one who holds you back. I love you too much to be with you."

He kissed my lips. I was going to stop him but there was too much love in this one. The kiss was soft, yet firm. He held my cheeks and put as much pressure as possible. Words couldn't describe how this was. He tasted like salt water, I probably did too, we'd both been crying. When he pulled away, I turned and left. I couldn't see him right now. I'd end up trying at long distance and I don't want that.

So I went home to wait for Lawson and Kyla.

A/N: the song for this chapter is break your little heart by all time blows