Chapter 539: Stir of Activity

A dense white-colored flame was partially visible among the green shade of the lush green mountain peak, much like a ghostly flame.

Yao Lao's expression was serious as he eyed the swiftly rising dense white flame within the medicinal cauldron. Due to the quality of the 'Black Demon' cauldron being exceptionally extraordinary, this initial step of warming the cauldron required a little bit longer compared to other ordinary cauldrons. However, Yao Lao's medicinal refinement skills and his degree of control over the 'Bone Chilling Flame' naturally enabled him to forego this extra time needed. Therefore, Yao Lao's hand waved at the few medicinal ingredients on the ground in front of him after the flame withered for nearly one minute. Immediately, the fiery red 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' slowly flew up and was finally thrown into the medicinal cauldron.

The moment the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' entered the medicinal cauldron, the dense white flame swallowed it like a hungry wolf pouncing on its meal. In an instant, the former began to swiftly wither.

Xiao Yan's eyes stared intently at the interior of the medicinal cauldron. Although the flame within the cauldron was blazing, he was able to sense that the temperature of the flame had been suppressed by Yao Lao to a very precise degree. Therefore, this flame may have appeared ferocious, but it did not incinerate the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' until it turned into ashes. Instead, under a gradual withering, blood-colored tiny and dense water droplets seeped out from within the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma'. Finally, they rolled down along the surface and were suspended over the flame, repeatedly rolling and turning.

Following the repeated grilling and blood-colored water droplets seeping out, the fiery red-colored surface of the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' also swiftly withdrew. An instant later, the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' was completely transformed into a withered gray color. At this moment, the medicinal strength essence that was contained within it had been completely forced out by the flame. Hence, its original body had completely turned into a useless scrap.

Yao Lao waved his hand. The withered 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma' rushed out from the medicinal cauldron. Finally, it landed on the grass to the side. It turned into a pile of gray-colored soot the instant it landed on the ground, and scattered with the winds.

"He is indeed an alchemist grandmaster. This refinement technique is far from what I can compare with." Xiao Yan quietly praised as he eyed the soot-stained ground. He basically completely burned the medicinal ingredient when he was refining medicinal ingredients in the past. This could not be attributed to the ferocity of the flame. Instead, it could only be said that his degree of control of the flame had yet to truly reach the pinnacle. Only by being able to control the temperature the instant the medicinal ingredient was truly withered and being able to toss the withered remnants out of the medicinal cauldron with ease just like Yao Lao, could one be said to have truly perfect control.

A cluster of blood-red liquid rolled and rotated within the medicinal cauldron. It was just like a blood-colored droplet. This blood-colored liquid was the medicinal strength essence that came from the initial refinement of the 'Flame Core ‎Ganoderma'. The energy that was contained in it was so large that it left one speechless.

After the agglomeration of this blood-red liquid, this liquid did not quietly comply with the refinement like the medicines that Xiao Yan had refined in the past. Instead, numerous blood threads extended out. An extremely powerful energy was contained in the threads of blood. When each blood thread struck the interior wall of the cauldron, it would emit numerous clear sounds of metal colliding.

Under the random collisions of these blood threads, even the medicinal cauldron trembled slightly.

Xiao Yan was startled as he eyed the dense blood tentacles being shot around explosively within the medicinal cauldron. He could not help but smack his mouth. It was indeed worthy of being a medicinal ingredient needed to refine a tier 6 medicinal pill. It actually even possessed the ability to retaliate. From the looks of the strength of these blood threads, it was likely that those ordinary medicinal cauldrons which Xiao Yan had used would at the very most be able to withstand a couple of hits before it would be filled with holes.