Chapter 537: Obtaining It

The green-colored lotus seed lay quietly in Xiao Yan's hand emitting a faint glow. Although it was quite small, the powerful hot energy that it contained caused even Elder Liu's and Elder Hao's faces to be filled with surprise.

This green-colored lotus seed was the additional item that Xiao Yan had found when searching for the 'Green Lotus Core Flame' within the Great Tager Desert, the 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed'. This kind of Fire Lotus Seed was agglomerated and formed from fire affinity energy after a long duration of time. Therefore, it greatly benefited those who practiced fire affinity Dou Qi. Back then, Xiao Yan had obtained a total of eleven 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed'. He had consumed one himself. Hence, he was left with only ten of them.

Back when Xiao Yan had just obtained the Fire Lotus Seeds, Yao Lao had told him that he should try his best to avoid revealing it in front of others. Otherwise, he might end up with a lot of trouble for no other reason besides the arousal of other people's greed. Things were different now. Currently, Xiao Yan was no longer that small Dou Shi he was back then. There were also many trump cards that he had now. Even if he were to face an elite Dou Wang, Xiao Yan would be able to withdraw in one piece. Moreover, he was currently within the Inner Academy, and did not need to worry that these Elders would quietly attack him just because they desired his things.

The atmosphere within the room was quiet. The slightly hot energy fluctuation appeared to have created a faint hot wind within the room.

Elder Liu's eyes stared directly at the 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed'. The glow in his eyes grew increasingly intense. If he were able to absorb all of this powerful energy, it was likely that his strength, which had not seen any movement for a long time, would once again obtain an advancement! He let out a heavy sigh in his heart. It was really unexpected that Xiao Yan was actually able to take out such a treasure. Although this 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed' did not possess an attraction that was as large as a 'Dou Ling Pill' in the eyes of a Dou Wang, Elder Liu also clearly understood that unless he met a true sucker, it would be quite difficult for him to exchange a 'Dou Ling Pill' from the hands of other alchemists with this rank 6 Monster Core. The exchange terms that he had mentioned earlier was just as Elder Hao described earlier. He really had a lions mouth, demanding more than what was fair.

"*Cough*" A soft coughing sound suddenly sounded, causing the two Elders, who had descended into silence to recover. They exchanged glances with one another, and gave awkward smiles.

Elder Liu coughed dryly. His gaze partially loomed over Xiao Yan's hand as he studied it. His originally somewhat sunken face had an additional smile, "May I know what this thing in your hand is?"

"This is a lotus seed formed from the coagulation of the core flame. It is something that the little me had obtained with luck. It is rumored that it requires at least a hundred years for such a lotus seed to take form." Xiao Yan smiled. Since no one recognized it, the other party would be stunned even if he said it took a thousand years.

"Oh." Elder Liu nodded slightly. The skin on his face twitched a little, feeling uncertain about whether he should believe it.

"What do you say, Elder Liu? This 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed' may not be comparable to a 'Dou Ling Pill,' but it is also an extremely rare item. Moreover, it even possesses such pure fire affinity energy. I'm afraid that the benefits it has for you are far more than what that rank 6 water affinity Monster Core can compare with." Xiao Yan smiled and said.

Elder Hao licked his mouth. His expression was filled with hesitation and indecision. Although this 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed' was rare, he really felt that it was difficult to just hand over the most precious rank 6 Monster Core to exchange for it within this short period of time. His finger knocked against the table and the expression on his face was volatile. It was a long while later before he slowly spoke, "I would lose out if my rank 6 Monster core is exchanged for just one 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed'..." He suddenly slammed the table at the end of his words and said, "If you were to take out another 'Ground-Fire Lotus Seed', I will endure the pain in my heart and hand this rank 6 Monster Core to you."