Chapter 18:The True Enemy and A New Power

Ellie explains to the Summoner everything about Claire's sudden disappearance and a threat other than the Corruption...

Summoner-I see,that does explain the people I've met in the arena...

Ellie-The people you've met?

Summoner-It seems I also have to tell you about something...

The Summoner tells Ellie about Reeve,Clarisse,Tiffany,and the dark-hooded figure...

Ellie-So that means:Reeve is Reed,Tiffany is Tiff,and Claire is Clarisse?

Summoner-Pretty much what I thought except for the last one.They pushed the subject about me being their rival.I think they're linked to the other fairy you met...

Ellie-The last one you described did sound like they're related to the fairy I met...

Summoner-Anyway,we should report this to Luni later on after this.I think this is more than just a rivalry between me and that fairy's Summoner,but a war between Luni and their leader...

Ellie-This isn't just some major scouting task anymore,but an invitation to war!

Summoner-We might as well finish this soon before it becomes more dire than it already is!

Ellie-Well,for now,you should go back there and finish the battle and to start the war!

Summoner-You're right!

After the discussion,the Summoner returns to the break room and gets welcomed by their "rival"...

Dark Summoner-Figured it out,Sherlock?

Summoner-Well,you and your partner did leave a lot of clues...

Dark Summoner-Hahahaha!Good,we might as well start the true battle!

Summoner-What!?What are you-

Before the Summoner could react to the Dark Summoner's words,The Dark Summoner snaps their fingers and the two find themselves to be at the center of the arena surrounded by audiences...

Summoner-What just happened?

Dark Summoner-We've just arrived at the battlefield,isn't it obvious?

Summoner-I can see that,but why?

Dark Summoner-To start OUR battle!

Summoner-Alright,sure...

Dark Summoner-Hmph,but before that...

The Dark Summoner snaps their fingers again,but the audience is replaced by dark purple flames...

Summoner-What did you just do!?

Dark Summoner-The audience?All of them were nothing but illusions,and so were the warriors we fought...

Summoner-All of them?

Dark Summoner-Not all of them,though...

As soon as the Dark Summoner says that,three cloaked figures appear beside the Dark Summoner...

Summoner-So,Claire,Reed,and Tiff?

Dark Summoner-Were those their names?Pfft,as if I'd care!

Summoner-Seems like it's all manipulation then?

Dark Summoner-And your point being?

Summoner-Do I have to point it out?It would just be a waste of YOUR time?

Dark Summoner-Itching to start the battle?I like it!But before that...

The Dark Summoner snaps their fingers again,bringing their fairy companions to their sides...