L for Librarian - FreLu

Chapter 12
L for Librarian
Lucy x Freed

__________

"Remember to finish off the research on your comparative essay for Dracula, due in tomorrow morning," Makarov announced to a class full of bored looking teenagers before sighing. "Alright, class dismissed."

The dead class suddenly all livened up and began scattering away like ants. Lucy stood up to join them and straightened up her short plaid skirt as her best friends walked up to her.

"Hey Luce," Levy called as she appeared in front of Lucy's desk, shortly accompanied by Cana and Mira. "You coming library with us to finish off that research?"

The blonde shrugged.

"Sure, got nothin' better to do anyway."

"What's with the attitude?" Mira asked as nicely as possible they began walking out into the high school campus. "Is everything okay?"

"Can't you tell?" Cana snorted, yanking at Lucy's skirt. "Our girl hasn't been getting any for a while."

"Getting any what?" Levy asked sweetly, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"Shut it, Cana," Lucy groaned, rolling her eyes and smacking away her friend's hand as they continued towards the school library.

Mira gasped.

"Oh no! What happened with you and Natsu?"

"They broke up," Levy informed as-a-matter-of-fact-ly. "She broke it off a week ago."

"But that's my ship," Mira muttered under her breath dejectedly.

Lucy sighed and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"It was getting a bit repetitive with him. Too childish for me."

"Didn't you also start seeing Loke?" Levy asked with curiosity laced in her voice.

Cana whistled. "Damn, she's on a roll."

"Meh, that didn't work out either."

They arrived in front of the giant library and paused.

"What?" Mira exclaimed incredulously. "But Loke is one of the hottest guys in school!"

"And he totally wants to bone you," Cana added.

"What happened?" Levy asked.

"High school guys are so boring," Lucy groaned dramatically. Her friends all sighed at her diva attitude, making her jump to defend herself. "No, no, hear me out. All they want is to have sex. I mean, that's fine by me. I love sex. But seriously, name one guy that can hold up a smart conversation about politics or literature AND perform like a star in bed?"

The trio of girls shared a similar look of understanding and nodded.

"You do have a point," Levy murmured. "The smartest conversation I've ever had with Gajeel was when he tried to convince me The Notebook didn't deserve to be critically acclaimed because it was, and I quote, 'a pile of horse shit'."