Chapter Thirteen

Azalea fiddled with the blouse we put on her, foreign to clothes. I gave her a blouse, jean shorts, and flip flops. My clothes now were a lot more loose on me. I paced back and forth, typing into Ava's phone.
"Why do I have to wear this again?" Azalea tugged at the shirt, feeling the fabric.

"Because you can't walk around half naked, gonna give out the wrong message." I placed the phone to my ear, not bothering to even glance over in her direction. The phone ringed a few times until I heard a deep "Hello."

I was going to say something but stopped myself. Dude.. Your voice is not that deep.. I bit my tongue, deciding not to say that. "Hey..... Noah."

"Hi, uh.. You sound a lot like Skylar..."

I smiled and face palmed, I took my hand away from my face to speak clearly into the phone. "Because I AM Skylar."

"Wait what? But it's dangerous for you to be out of the water when the sun is up! Someone could see you!"

"Well you know how much of a trouble maker I am, I'm breaking all the rules." I looked over a nail. "But enough about that, I have a surprise for you. Go to my old house, like right now."

"Wait, right now?"

"Right now," I repeated. "As in get your butt over there now."

"Okay fine, I'm on my way."

We both exchanged goodbyes and hung up the phone. I looked over to the two sitting in two opposite chairs. "Noah is on his way now." I informed them. I heard groaning, turning around I saw Mom was steering in her sleep. She sat up, rubbing her head, then looked up to us.

"Hi again, Mom."

"Hey, Mrs. Smith." Ava waved in the background.

Mom looked in between us, with her jaw hanging.

"Please don't pass out again. It's really me, you are not dreaming." I sat next to her. "We wer-" She cut me off quickly by throwing her arms around me and rocking back and forth. She whimpered in my ear, I hugged her tightly, rubbing her back. "You're home.."

I gave a small nod, looking back over to the other girls present in the room.

She pulled away, wiping under her eyes. "How are you..?" She looking down and placed a hand on my knee.

"I don't know," I looked over to the girl with the black, long hair. "Azalea, did you ever remember anything that you learned about the whirlpool? Can you explain this?"

Her emerald green eyes went down to her feet as she pondered her mind. "The subject was unclear, it was a while ago when they taught this stuff to me. But all that I could remember is it is somehow linked with humans, and one of it's closest ancestor.. Mermaids. The moon and ocean has some type of weird connection with each other, and the moon's reflection of light, it somehow creates a type of power that no one has really learn how to use. Heck, we don't even fully understand it." She took a breath, intertwining her fingers together.

"But the moon and the ocean created the whirlpool, but since we live in the water, it's not too big of an effect on us. But for humans is a whole other story. For humans its permanent. But for mermaids, it's temporarily." She finished, looking up at me.

"S-so what you're saying is that this isn't a permanent thing, i'm gonna turn back?"

She shrugged, nodding. "I-it's what I remember from lessons."

"How long do you think I have till I have to get back to the water? A day? A few hours?"

"A week, I think."

Knocking on the door got my attention, I turned my head in it's direction.

"Whose here?" Mom asked.

"Noah," I quietly answered her question. "Ava, can you get the door? If he passes out too, I would like our job to be easier."

Ava chuckled while heading to the door, she grabbed the door knob and pulled the door open. "Come on in." She stepped aside.

"Thanks," He came in. "So what was the surprise Skylar was telling me ab-" He stopped in mid sentence seeing me. "Skylar?!"

I smiled. "Hey."

He ran up and hugged me, picking me up. "Whoa! Noah!" I laughed. Ava seemed surprised and Azalea about jumped behind her seat.

He quickly sat me down. "I'm sorry, but how are you-"

"Human? We just explained that and I don't want to go through with it again. Long story very short, I got sucked back into the whirlpool. I'll give you more details about it later."