Chapter Fourteen

"What's your plan now? What do we do?" Mom broke the silence.

I looked over to her, glancing at Azalea who was also waiting for my answer. "I-I don't know. But since I won't be able to be human forever, I would say at least enjoy what time I have on land now while I can before I have to return to the water."

"Mother and Father is probably worried sick about us.. Father has probably by now sent out his men to come looking for us.." Azalea timidly spoke up, not daring to look up. Instead she kept her eyes to her feet. I knew she was fairly timid around humans, being taught to stay away. I believe with time, she'll get use to them.

"Yeah, maybe. But they can't come on land now can they? They are restricted to the waters." I moved over to her, trying to take a seat on the edge of hers.  I grabbed her hand and gave a little squeeze. "Don't worry, just spend a week up here with me. Explore this world and discover new things. You can learn things up here that no one down there can teach you. Time goes by fast, you'll be back home in the ocean before you know it." I assured her.

She gave me a little nod, still not looking at me.
I leaned to the side, trying to see her eyes. "How about we go visit places that is dealing with the ocean. Like go to an aquarium or go see an ocean based movie, like Finding Nemo or something!"

"I guess.." She gave an unsure shrug.
"But what about those murderers?"

"Murderers?" Mom questioned, a little worry in her voice.

I had to think about what she meant, what murderers? I wracked my brain then thought back to the poor Dolphins. "The hunters?"

She nodded her head, confirming.

I sighed. "I don't know, let's just hope we don't run into them. By how big this area is, I think we'll be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah! We will be fine."

"In the meantime," mom cut in. "Let's enjoy what time we have and go out to eat!"

"Where at?" I asked.

"Out to a nice restaurant, Ava, Noah, you both are coming along!"

"Okay, I'll have to go by my house to get some money-" Noah stood but Mom stopped him.

"No it's okay, I'll pay for everyone!" She smiled, getting up to go grab her purse.

"Where are we going?" Azalea looked up at me when I stood up.

"Out to eat. It's a place with really good food, you'll like it." I smiled, grabbing her hands to pull her up. We all ran excitingly out the door, I was about to climb into the front passenger seat while everyone else was just getting to the door, until I looked up. I saw Azalea standing behind everyone, looking at me, unsure in her eyes.

I took my hand off the door handle. "Hey Ava!" I skipped around to her side. "Let's swap seats, you can have the front, I'll sit in the back with Azalea and Noah.

She looked behind her to Azalea then back to me. "Okay." She nodded and let go of the handle, walking around to the front.

"Come on." I looked at Azalea, opening the car door and sliding in. I sat in the middle, Azalea sat down next to me.

"Now shut the door." I told her, pointing to the car door. She looked over at it and pulled it shut. The slam almost scaring her. Mom backed up and drove out the driveway and onto the road.

Azalea fiddled with her fingers. "Your world is so strange.."

"Because you weren't born here, this is your first time truly being up here. Your world can be a little strange to me too." I looked forward, the direction we were heading.

She looked out the window on her side. "Yeah but, here has so much to it! Your kind isn't peaceful. Always wanting to start war and hurt others. While my kind is always sure each other is safe, we cannot even show our faces on the surface without causing some kind of conflict."

"Well... Part of that I guess you're kinda right. Humans in general can be like that. But not all of us are. There are some good ones." I told her.

"Yes.. Like you all.." She mumbled.

A smile forced its way onto my face. Then the car came to a complete stop.

"Alrighty Everyone! We are here!" Mom announced, stepping out the car and looping her purse on her arm, shutting the door with a slam. I gave a glance to Azalea while unbuckling my seat belt. She struggled a few times with it, narrowing her green eyes in confusion at it. She tugged onto it, moving it around. I brought my hand to her seat belt, pushing the big red button on it, releasing her from her predicament.

Her eyes met mine for a second before muttering a "Thanks."

I nodded, "No problem." Getting out the car on my right. I slammed the door shut, just as Azalea climbed out. "Hey, be sure you actually shut it. Slam it." I told her from the opposite side.

"Why do I have to slam it? Do you all have to do things a little violently?"

"Not all things." I cracked a smile. "It's just to make sure the door actually shuts so we can lock it, if it doesn't shut, then it won't lock, and someone can steal it." I explained.

"Of course.." She slammed the door very hard, making us all jump and some people in the parking lot looking our way.

"Gosh, child." Ava said.

Azalea looked around, unsure of what she did wrong. "What? You told me to slam it!"

"But not that hard! People are going to think you're having a tantrum." I laughed.

Azalea threw her arms up. "What? So I have to slam things a certain way?!"

"Yup." Noah told her.

"Oh well excuse me for not knowing how to shut a door right." She had her hands up in defense.

"Okay okay, let's not break my car and just go get something to eat." Mom said, walking up onto the curb to enter the restaurant.