Chapter Thirteen

Love Like This (Acoustic) by Kodaline

The soft Paris breeze plays with Atlantis' dry hair as she sits on the lonely playground at a unknown park. She doesn't know how long she has been here for, hours probably. Where Arron is? She has no clue. After seeing her dad's name on the lock screen of her phone, she left, not answer the call or Aaron. Atlantis knows that he's looking for her, he must be, but she needs to think.
Had running away from her home, the only place she had ever known for 19 years, been the best decision in the first place? Has she denied the love her parents gave her when they said that they only wanted to keep her safe? Or was that just another lie that she had received in her life time.
On top of the thoughts of her family, she couldn't shake the feeling that Aaron is hiding something from her. Atlantis is still unsure of what it is that he is hiding exactly, but she sees the signs. Small things that he does that makes him stand out as a different person.
Atlantis doesn't know Aaron's story, when she thinks about it, she actually knows very little about the man, making him more mysterious to her. Maybe that's why she was drawn to him in the first place, his mysteriousness.
It's not a matter though, she's here now and that's the important part. The fact that her dad called her means he cares, but does he really. A cold breeze sends shivers down Atlantis' spine as she isn't dressed the best for the type of weather at three or so am.
The chills get the best of Atlantis and she climbs off the playground and makes her way to where she thinks the hotel is. A random direction. The night sky shines over head and the more Atlantis walks, the less safe she feels. Eventually she calls Aaron, teeth chattering from the cold and nervousness she is experiencing.
"Where are you?"
"I don't know."
"That doesn't help much."
"There's a large white building."
"Im on my way."
The building that Atlantis takes shelter near is large, it could probably be a hotel but by the looks of it, that doesn't seem the be. It holds some shelter from the breeze that has begun to pick up and not minding the sketchiness, Atlantis looks down at her phone as if it could tell her someone. Aaron had sounded so worried on the phone, but does he even know for sure where she is? There's probably hundreds of large white buildings around the city, how could he know just the ones she's at?
About a half hour later of waiting, a pair of headlights show in Atlantis' vision and a cab pulls forward. All so quickly, Aaron jumps out of the back seat and pulls her into his arms. She can feel his ragged breath on her neck as he holds her close to him.
"Oh god.. I was so worried," he breathes, gave buried in her hair. A couple of seconds later, she wraps her arms around his torso, pulling him close to her.
"I'm sorry.. how did you know where I was?" Her breath comes out in a croak, she's or sure why but maybe it's the fact that she's on the brink of sobs.
"There's only two large white buildings in town close to where we were." Atlantis wants to pull away, but she can't, Aaron keeps her grounded and she can feel the beating of his heart against her chest. Now would be a good time to ask what he's hiding from her, but everything in her body keeps her from it. The way he holds her here, like this, in this moment, all that radiates off of him is love and care.
"Aaron.. we should go back?" His grip around the young girl tightens.
"Why? Why can't we just stay here a little bit longer?" His body shakes and Atlantis pulls sways, placing her hands on either side of his unshaven face. He's crying. She carefully wipes the tears from under his eyes and looks into them.
"Aaron, is alright, okay? What's important now is that we go back to the hotel, we still have a week ahead of us and jet lag has yet to kick." A sad smile crosses Aaron's lips and he nods and pulls her back into the cab.
The drive is silent and Aaron holds the young girls hand the entire way back to their place of residence. His palms are sweaty, something that almost never happens to him, so maybe it's the nerves or the worry.
Back at the hotel, there is a silence when all Aaron wants to go is hold Atlantis close. His feelings had only grown for her since the time hey had first met, but he wouldn't tel her how he truly feels until the time is right.
Atlantis stands on the balcony, viewing the Eiffel Tower. The lights sparkle on the massive art piece and the entire look of Paris has Atlantis captivated. Arron walks up to the young girl, but instead of embracing her from behind, he stands beside her, looking it at the view she enjoys so much. For a while they are unmoving, not having anything to say.
Aaron clears his theist as a statement that he had wanted to say for a while pops into his head.
"I love you, you know." He doesn't look at her but continues to look out at the view. Atlantis takes a glance at him before her eyes gaze to the Eiffel Tower once more.
"I know." With a huff, Aaron turns towards the young girl, eyes glazing over her face.
"Atlantis-"
"I love you too." Atlantis cuts off the older man and turns towards him abruptly.
"Are you okay?"
"No Aaron I'm not. My dad called me and I think I'm going to call him back this week. I'm not sure when, but I'm going to." Aaron is unmoving, processing her words.
"As you wish." Quickly, as if to cover up the moment, he leans down and kisses the young girl, pulling her closer to him. She doesn't pull away, but stays with him, letting the man that she has known for what seems like forever, that she loves him.

Kind of a filler explaining Atlantis' thoughts? Kay. Next chapter will be more eventful!!
Please vote and comment your thoughts. Xx.