Chapter Four

Atlantis stands in front of the bean, a giant art masterpiece of a metal bean that sits in the middle of a park. The name of the park? It had completely slipped Atlantis' mind. She just sat on the concrete ground, the sun gazing down on her, watching people walk out and around the art piece, taking pictures in its shine. No one seems to notice the teenage girl that has been staring at the bean for a good twenty minutes.
Why did Atlantis run away from Aaron? Was it the fact that she was uncomfortable with his words, or was it the fact that she had never been this close to a boy before, let alone a man. Whatever the case, she's here now, left alone to her thoughts and the wondrous scenery. The small girl runs a hand along her wrist, not looking down once. She lets out a breath, her mind fuzzy with thoughts and anxieties. He had caught one of her flaws, a flaw that she's not proud of but it has happened and still happens. She hangs her head slightly.
"Atlantis?" She turns around to see Aaron, looking at her with a worried look. He sheded the suit and now sports a dark green t-shirt that hugs his muscles and a pair of jeans. He reaches his hand out for her to take and she places her hand in his. He pulls her up, looking her over as though she's hurt.
"I'm fine Aaron."
"They why did you run?" Atlantis let's go of his hand and massages her neck, avoiding his eyes.
"There's a lot you don't know about me." Aaron runs a hand through his hair, having left his hat back at the hotel.
"You can talk to me, you know."
"I know." Silence fills them as they look at the people passing by, paying no attention attention to the two of them. Aaron shoves his hands in his pockets and kicks a rock that lay close to him.
"Why are you so closed up all of a sudden?" His eyes hold a large amount of concern and she gives up.
"Insecurities, Aaron. I'm not closed up, just have a lot on my mind." Atlantis crosses her arms and turns away from the older man.
"But you can talk-"
"Later, okay? When I'm ready. Let's just enjoy today, okay?" She plasters a smile on her face and does a little jazz hand move as if to say 'there's so much to explore.'
"The navy pier then?" She nods her head and they walk down the street in the direction that Aaron had looked up a couple of hours earlier. Being one for photography as much as writing, Aaron had brought his camera. He began snapping pictures of everything, the city, street art, Atlantis. She would giggle every time the camera would then to her and strike a pose. She would never admit it, but she loved the attention of the camera. They finally made it to the Navy Pier, a boardwalk type area with many tourist attractions.
Before the pair left, they had taken a few pictures in front of the bean, their first attraction in Chicago. Now, Atlantis poses in front of everything that Aaron asks her to, a smile on both of their faces after each picture is taken.
"Your so photogenic, you know," Aaron remarks at the girl who sits on the sand of a beach they had found.
"Am not." He walks up from behind her, showing her the picture he had just taken of her looking out towards the lake. He leans over her small frame and her heart begins to beat faster. If he was merely a inch closer, she would probably be able to hear his heart as well.
"Aaron..."
"Sorry." He backs away and finds himself sitting next to her, admiring the way she stares out at the water.
"Would you travel the water, Aaron?" She turns her head to the side, looking at him. He doesn't move.
"I would, yes, why do you ask?"
"I'm not sure, there's some comfort in it."
"That, indeed." They sit in silence for a while, only enjoying in each other's company, the sun, and the ocean. At that moment, it seems that they both had lost the words on their tongues, completely forgetting anything else they were going to say. Atlantis draws designs in the sand, enjoying the small bit of inspiration in her mind.
"Is there anywhere specific that you want to go for dinner?" Aaron stands, offering Atlantis a hand. She take his hand and stands up, smiling st the gentleman that he can be at times.
"I've never been here before, Aaron, I don't know what's around." She crosses her arms, raising a eyebrow at him.
"Well, we could go to Milestones?" He shrugs, shooting the questions her way. They begin to walk, Atlantis' purse clutched close to her body. She's grateful that Aaron remembered to bring it.
"Sounds good to me."
The pair walk along busy roads, as Atlantis covers her ears at times because of all of the honking. The question pokes into her mind, are all cities in the states like this? She had no idea, but would soon be finding out.
Large amounts of people walk by them, girls eyeing up Aaron while Atlantis eyes up the girls. She can't help but feel insecure, being in such a large city but looking like a small town girl. She doesn't mention the insecurities to Aaron, but instead, keeps them to herself with a bubbling pit of self consciousness in her stomach. After finding a map on his phone, Aaron leads the two of them to a small milestones close to their hotel. They get seated at a window with an amazing view of the city and the sunset.
"What are you going to get?" Aaron questions, looking down at the menu that sits in front of him. Atlantis ponders the question and only glances at the menus before answering.
"I'm thinking a garden salad." The man that sits across from her, raises a eyebrow at her.
"Now, you aren't one of those girls are you?"
"What do you mean?"
"One of the girls that orders a salad on a date." Atlantis groans.
"Aaron, this is not a date." He laughs lightheartedly.
"Okay, but don't be one of those girls." She crosses her arms, eyes flicking from Aaron's face to the menu.
"Find, I'll add chicken strips to it then." She grins and laughs along with Aaron.
"Yes, that'll do fine."
The two of them sit in comfort, chatting about their lives and enjoyments. When their good comes, Atlantis finds herself stealing some of Aaron's fries, not to be flirty, but because they are absolutely delicious. The night goes on and the sun fully sets, leaving the two to walk home in darkness.
"It's hard to imagine that we have a entire week here." Atlantis marvels at the city that stands in front of her.
"Well, yes, this is a four or so week adventure." Her lips curve up into a smile, something that she's been doing a lot recently.
"We have to go back at some point." The light before them changes red and there is a signal for pedestrians to cross. They begin to walk across the road.
"Yes, but let's enjoy the time we have here while it lasts." The sound of a car horn stops their conversation as it comes barreling towards them.

I have only been to Chicago once and I'm pretty sure milestones is only Canadian so oops, sorryyy.