More Nightmare Fuel

I woke up with a start, a scream tearing through my throat. I didn't know why I was in such a panic, but all I knew was fear. I recounted through my thoughts, trying to collect myself. The last thing I remembered was old Bonnie coming at me. His hideous, non-face, lunging directly toward me. Sheer terror filled me as I recalled the dreadful moment. My life had nearly ended. I sat up and leaned against the wall right behind me. I scrunched up my knees to my chest and let tears run slowly down my face. I sat there in silence for a moment, trying to calm down. Despite the quiet and still surroundings, my heart raced. Adrenalin still coursing through my veins. I had to resist "fight or flight" urge, knowing that I was no longer in the place of such danger. I was still there, I was still alive. I wasn't safe yet, but the immediate threat wasn't there. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes. Out of nowhere, I felt arms wrap around me. I didn't need to look up to know it was Zach.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

"Yeah. Sorry," I said, loosening the grip on my legs and wiping a tear running down my face. "Just, last night. Am I right?"

"Yeah," he whispered.

I let my legs go and stretched out. As nice as it would be to just sit there and ignore our surroundings, the game wasn't over. Our lives were still on the line.

"I'm getting real sick of waking up on floors, ya know?" I said to Zach, letting out a dry laugh.

"Yeah," he agreed, giving a forced laugh as well.

The phone rang, startling me. It went its usual course of ringing three times before Phone Guy came through. And again, it followed word for word from the game. From "Uh, hello, hello. Uh, for today's lesson, we will be continuing our training on proper suit-handling techniques." to "As always, remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

After he finished, I stood up and looked around. There was a big, rectangular glass window in front of us with a door frame to our left. Children's drawings hung up on the edge of the window and in the space between the window and the door. Under the drawings was a large, old box. Inside it was animatronic parts. Chica's, Mangle's, Toy Bonnie's, and Balloon Boy's heads sat inside, along with Foxy's hook, Bonnie's guitar, and various other parts that once belonged to something less than human. To the right of the box was a trash bin and a desk with another fan sitting on it, along with two tablets and two pairs of glasses.

I looked around, taking in the new environment. It was old and grimy. As soon as I looked out the doorway, I jumped, not expecting what was sitting there. The lifeless, outer shell of an animatronic, AKA, old Freddy's head and torso held up by a pole. 

"So," I said, pursing my lips. "I guess we're in game three, then."

"Yep." Zach responded, looking around.

He grabbed the glasses and tablets off of the desk and handed one of each to me. I put the glasses on. It displayed "Night 3 - 2 AM" in the top right corner, and no battery symbol.

"We sat there longer than I thought," I commented. "It's already two A.M."

"Which means Springtrap is out and about," Z reminded me.

"Right," I nodded. "Better check the cameras."

I opened up the tablet and it went straight to the camera, starting at CAM 1, examining each room until CAM 10. No animatronic anywhere.

"Where's Springtrap?" I asked. "I didn't see him."

"Yeah. Me neither. In the vents, I'm guessing," Zach replied.

"Oh, right. The map has two layers. Check the vents." I instructed.

I watched Zach flip through all the cameras in the vents until he landed on CAM 14. Inside the vent was Springtrap, laying motionless, arms outstretched.