6

(QUICK LITTLE A/N BEFORE THE CHAPTER STARTS: THANKS FOR 100 READS 🙂)

Phil's POV

"we can share", The boy in front of me smiles.

Why do I feel so nervous about this?

When our hands touched I felt something, I don't know what it was but I think it was something like in a cheesy romantic movie. And I can live with that.

"Um, Okay, if you don't mind"

"It'd be my pleasure", He replies with a slight grin on his face.

"You're not as shy as you make out, are you?"

"I mean, I am, but if I'm with someone I like then I'm not shy, at all"

"Do you like me?"

"So far"

I can't hide my smile at this and I can already feel my cheeks heating up with blush.

We sit down on two bean bags in the corner and he opens the comic, both of us getting bored after the first few pages.

"These aren't as good as I remember", I say.

"Yeah, they're pretty shit nowadays", He replies, "Altough that could be because they're for children"

"Yeah", I giggle, Getting up to put it away.

"What's your favourite book?", He asks.

"Hm, thats a hard one, I dont know, to kill a mocking bird was always good" (A/N: I want to read it)

"Then lets get that, I'll read it out loud"

"Okay", I smile.

We go to another section and he picks the book, examining the blurb.

"Looks good", He says as we sit down on the bean bags again.

He starts reading out loud, I follow him on the page until I see the way he smiles as he reads and the way two dimples indent his cheek.

By the time he's finished the first chapter, I have examined every feature of his face, every beautiful feature.

"I like this book", He states, I look away when he looks at me.

"Yeah", I mumble, "It's pretty good"

"There's an hour until school ends and I have to back by four"

"You have a curfew at eighteen?", I ask, a bit suprised.

"Unfortunetly", He replies, a slight frown on his face.

"Hey, are you okay?", I ask gently, placing a reasurring hand on his knee.

"Um....yeah, Yeah, I'm fine"

"Okay.."

All of a sudden he breaks into tears.

"What's wrong?", I ask, wrapping my arms around him.

"I can't take it anymore", He cries, hugging me back.

"Shh, tell me what you can't take"

"My family", he says into my chest.

"Darlin', what do they do?", I ask, knowing what the answer will probably be.

He lets go of me and pulls his shirt down a bit, exposing a burn on his collar bone.

"Oh Dan...", Is all I can say.

"I know, it looks bad but-"

"There's no but, it is bad"

"There's more", He sighs.

"More scars?"

"Yeah"

"Where?"

"My thighs, my stomach, chest, back"

I don't say anything, if I do I'll start crying, I just pull him back into a tight hug, not wanting to let go, I need to look after him, He has no one else, no one.

"Thank you", He whispers.

"I haven't done anything"

"But I know you will, I may not know you well but I know you enough to know that you won't not do anything"

"You're right", I smile, "I am going to do something and you aren't going to stop me, okay?"

"Okay", He says, Closing his eyes slightly, his arms still wrapped around my chest and my arms still around him.

"Okay", I whisper.

(A/N: for once, I actually like a chapter I wrote, hope you liked it, don't forget to vote, you know...if you want to.

Have a good day/night, Byee!)