7

Dan's POV

Silence is not quiet.

I found that out a few years ago.

It may look silent but...the voices in my head, they're So, so loud and scary.

They tell me things, they tell me I'm not good enough, that I'm ugly, stupid, fat and more, It's anything but silent.

They're not strangers voices, No, they're my own and my parents'.

I'm not particularly bullied but at the same time I am, I bully myself, I tell myself I'm not worth it and that I am stupid and ugly and fat.

I hear my parents' voices telling me I'm not loved, I was a mistake, I am useless, lazy.

_____

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?!", My Dad screamed drunk.

"I-Its time for school", I stutter, Holding the door open slightly.

"School", My dad scoffs.

"B-bye"

I close the door, heading for school, or more so, the bench by school.

As I expected, Phil is there, sitting on the bench, his coat wrapped tightly around him.

"Phil!", I smile and walk-run up to him like an over excited toddler.

"Hey, sugar cane", He smiles.

"I missed you", I sigh.

"It's barely been twelve hours", He chuckles.

"Isn't that enough time to miss you?", I pout.

"I guess so"

"Here I bought you this", He says, opening a plastic bag and pulling out a pastry and handing it to Me,"I guessed you didn't have breakfast"

"Thanks", I smile, taking the pastry and putting it in my pocket, "I'll eat it at first break"

"You better", He pokes my arm, laughing.

"I really dont want to go back to school"

"Why's That?", He nudges me.

"I have no friends there anymore"

"Aw Dan, You have me now, I know Im not at your school but you can always call me", He says, putting his arms around my waist and hugging me.

"I know, and I aprecite That, but it's just hard"

"Remember what I said, You only have a year left and you can leave"

"C-can I live with you after?"

"Dan...,Dan, you can live with me now"

"Really?"

"Well, you're old enough, so I don't see why not"

"Thank you!", I say, Almost jumping on him and wrapping my arms around his neck tightly, "Thank you so much"

"It's Okay, I care about you, It's okay", He says, stroking my hair.

The bell goes off and I give Phil one last hug before running into school, I can feel him looking at me.

Phil's POV

He's going to hate Me, My house isn't even a house, It's a tiny flat, there's no spare bed.

I couldn't have Said no, I care about him too much.

I walk home and pull my coat off, hanging it up. I clean the coffee table, throw away any loose wrappers and make my bed, where the hell will he sleep?!

When I'm satisfied with the flat I head out again, school ends in 15 minutes and I want to be there for Dan.

I watch the school kids walk out until I finally see Dan, he looks so upset, his bag is slumped over his shoulder and he is looking on the floor, he walks straight past me without realising.

I run after him and tap him on the shoulder, making him jump slightly.

He doesn't say anything, He just wraps his arms around my neck and I feel him sobbing into my shoulder.

"Dan?....Dan, what happened, what's wrong?", I ask.

"You didn't answer my calls, I thought you forgot about me and you gave up on me"

"No!, Dan, No, I'll never forget about you, you're my number one priority, Okay?"

He nods,"I need to pack"

"Yeah", I smile, "I'll come with you"

"Thank you"

When we arrive music is playing loudly, Dan sighs before opening the door and walking in and gesturing for me to come upstairs with him.

His room is quite small, barely enough space for his bed and wardrobe, I decide not to say anything though.

When he's finished packing his few things we go downstairs, He seems nervous and, of course, He has every right to be.

"Don't worry, I'm here for you", I whisper.

"Mum, Dad, I'm going to live with Phil"

(A/N: sugar cane)