Reunited: Juvia And The Rookie

"So what the hell was that?" Caxin looked at you from the couch with a disinterested look on his face. "What are you talking about?" You looked away, trying to avoid talking. "You know what. Getting mad when that girl cheered Gray on." Staying silent you continued to sharpen your greatsword, not replying at all. Lost in your thoughts and memories.

You watched as the other kids teased the girl, she had blue hair, done up in curls. Juvia, you hadn't known her name at the time, but ever since she showed up it had rained because of her. Not that you minded. She was cute in your opinion, and the way she blushed made you like her even more. She ran off now, upset as they laughed at her. Walking over you saw her crying under the porch of the school, huddled up against the rain. You sat beside her now, and gently tapped her shoulder. "Hey. Are you ok?" Looking up now she saw you and looked away again. "Go away." She whined, scooting away from you. "I just came to give this back." You set the teru teru bozu doll by her side. It was something she made all the time to try and stop the rain that plagued her. Looking up long enough to see it she took it slowly, holding it. "Thank you." Smiling you scooted a little closer, pointing to the neck of the doll "You know you missed a stitch right here at the neck, I'd fix it before it comes undone." Looking at it she noticed the missing stitch, then nodded. "Thank you." She paused for a moment as she thought about something. Then she asked at last, "What's your name?" Holding out your hand you replied, "(F/N) (L/N)." Shaking your hand she replied, "Juvia Lockser."

You set down the greatsword now, finished sharpening it. "I'm serious (F/N). Tell me why you went berserk." Getting up you started to walk out. "No." Opening the door you spoke, "I'm going out to get some food." Shutting the door behind you, you started walking. Not having a plan or anything, merely intent on seeing her again. You needed to see Juvia, after everything you had gone through. She had been your closest friend, and you weren't about to let some stripping freak show ice mage steal her affection from you.

You slipped into the bar, only wearing your clothes since you left your armor back home. Looking about it was no difficult task to find Juvia and Gray. Juvia was fawning over Gray about something and he merely seemed to try and avoid it. Walking up to them you wordlessly sat across from them. "Sorry about this morning Gray, I don't know what happened to me." Holding our your hand you quietly added. "Bury the hatchet." Looking at you he didn't hesitate, "No problem man, we all lose it if we look bad." Deciding to take the easy way out you replied "Yeah. Sure do. Hey Juvia?" She looked at you, as if she had never seen you before. "Yes?" Ignoring how she didn't seem to know you, you continued "Long time no see huh?"