- 04 -

F O U R

....

Rocky Road

________________________

It is never wrong to be cautious. Being constantly on the tips of your toes can save you from unnecessarily tripping and falling, although it isn't without a cost.

Having your eyes fixated upon the rocky road underneath your feet at all times means that you don't let your eyes wander elsewhere. You don't see where you're going, you don't know what's happening before you, and you don't even know whether or not you're going to right way.

Whatever path you end up choosing has its own perils, has its own turns and roundabouts, and has its own red ribbon. It's okay to fall every once in a while, it's alright to fall behind and take a little break, it's fine to try out another road when you meet a dead end.

However, to only stare down at the little rocks and tiny crooks the road has to offer means that you don't get to see what's in front of you. You don't get to see the breathtaking sunset, the dance of the leaves nuzzled by the gentle breeze, and ultimately, the end of the road.

It's never wrong to be cautious, but it is to always be. After all, that's the tricky thing about life; it has to be precisely on the mark, no more, no less. Oh, and it doesn't offer any solutions for that rocky road either!

A/N: Hi agaain! This was originally Randomness XIII here in my notes. If you're wondering why I keep jumping around, well that's because my prompts don't always develop into a long, full chapter-worthy.. randomness. Most of them are lovey-dovey mumbo-jumbos, less-than-five-sentences-long rambles, and rantings that are far too personal to be put up on the net.. so yeah :/

Post Scriptum

Rocky Road kinda sounds like the name of a scrumptious chocolate cake topped with chocolate rice crackers and crushed cookies and probably drizzled with a little chocolate sauce... ah sorry, didn't mean to tempt you :9

Love eternally,
Caera Keane