- 20 -

T W E N T Y

..... ..... ..... .....

Twenty

________________________

One fine day, you couldn't even think of a way that you could hit rock bottom.

The clouds moved to shelter you from the sun's scalding glare and the breeze blew ever so softly to caress your sleeves. When everything's going as smoothly as this, it's easy to think that there's no way any problems can knock you over.

It moved slow, sluggish, even. The problems came and went, they're never really gone, but they're manageable. You stacked them together neatly, three tall rows and marked them as they go: each according to its contents.

But the problems, while they did come and go, some became too complicated that you couldn't stack them in your three tall rows – they couldn't fit anywhere and they're getting too big to handle. It didn't take long, but soon your three tall rows were growing taller and higher than Jack's beanstalk.

So you went to rearrange your stacks: you move them down, shorten them from the initial three tall stacks. However, this solved nothing for the problems started to take over a larger area. The problems became widespread and things got messy. Oh, and don't you for one second think that while you were rearranging your stacks, the problems would let you off and be nice for a while. No, they'd keep coming.

At this rate, even though the problems still come and go in steady rolls, it felt like they had an upgrade with their transportation. If they were riding on the normal tram, now they're riding on the bullet train. It was starting to get too much. Gone were the three tall rows, replaced by a seamless and widespread problematic situation.

There was nothing wrong with what you did, you were rearranging your stacks, tried to keep them from getting messier and even more complicated. Yet in doing so, you neglected the steady income of problems rolling through.

Even a quick glance can conclude that the problems had gone and done its job: it'd wrecked your foundation. Without your foundation to keep you rooted from the raging winds, what would your small self be?

One strenuous day, you could no longer remember how the fine days were.

The problems went high and wide and all crammed up, filling up all your space and now that your foundation was no more, what's there left for you to do? In every stretch you flung your gaze to, only problems meet your eyes.

The problems start when you stop.
The problems invade and infiltrate your mind when you first hesitate – be it on your choices or your decisions.

Life is meant to be lived, and to live is supposed to be alive. It's alright to fall, it's alright to hit the ground, it's okay to love, it's okay to feel anger, it's your choice to go straight, it's your choice to turn around. It's human to be human. It's perfect to be imperfect.

Your choices are your decisions. Somewhere in the past you wanted it, someday in the past that choice was the most appealing one, sometime in the past you chose to make that choice and now is the time for you to pay the price as the problems rise. But it doesn't always have to be regret, it can be relief and gratefulness for the pains make the gains even more worth it.

Move your camera, zoom in and out, tilt and rotate it, find the perfect spot and snap the picture. Fix your perspectives, take a good long look and not just a fleeting glance and all will fall into place.

A/N: I've been saving this for the twentieth chapter! If y'all noticed the finished button – this is not the end end. I wanna start on a new story – still a short story kind of story, but with a different theme, so they won't be in Tall Tales. Tall Tales will not end like this guys, be sure to expect more!

Post Scriptum

For those of you who were wondering why it's titled Twenty: it's inspired by the game 'Twenty' – go download... if you wanna 🙃 #notendorsedtho #endorseme

Love eternally,
CaeraKeane