- 08 -

E I G H T

..... ...

Washed by Waves

________________________

Some moments are too good to be true, others aren't. Some moments are far too awful just the mere mention of it are beyond mortifying. Some moments are perfection, others an utter disaster.

But as how the saying goes, nothing lasts forever. Fortunate as it is that those vile moments wouldn't last forever, the same doesn't go for the wonderful wonderland that's also bound to be washed away.

Moments last only for a limited period of time, as fleeting as the wind's caress sifting through the leaves, but with an impact so momentous they could last for seasons. Perhaps the wind was just playing, jauntily blowing through the stock-still leaves, but all it took was a careless gust and the leaves would leave their branches. And once they did, there's no reattaching them back – the damage is done, the havoc is wreaked, and the loss is permanent.

Moments, unlike memories. Moments, which are as transient as the setting sun. Moments, which could be a part of a memory, which could be memorable, which could be unforgettable.

Memories, unlike moments. Memories, which are held close to the heart. Memories, just a stack of brief, ephemeral moments with repercussions much more substantial than themselves.

Take a stroll on the beach, relish the fresh salty air, and bask under the sun's bright glare. Be mindful of your step, the shore is rough and prickly from all the shells and broken corals the wave had left on the shore.

A stray wood laid on one side of the shoreline not far from a beautiful sketch that was etched unto the sand – so appealing, so beguiling, yet so temporary.

Another wave rolls by before realization dawned in, gently sweeping the sand, first pushing it away, then pulling it to accompany it back into the sea. And just like that, the beautiful carving is gone, nowhere else to be seen, its existence nothing but a mere memory.

Moments are those carved on wet sand, but memories are those carved on the beating heart. Perhaps that's why memories are harder to shed.

A/N: Hi! This was from two years ago – 2015 guys! I know, so long ago, but I haven't had anything else worth sharing so 😞

My plan is to update on every date with an eight on it, let's just see how well I'll fare (and how far I'll go? 🙃)

Post Scriptum

Making new friends is hard, but just thinking that you won't be meeting your old friends as often is even harder :'

Love eternally,
Caera Keane